can't get coupon box to show or coupons to work

• Default avatar
    creativeone    
     12 years ago

I have been using awocoupon on a client site for sometime with no problem. On my new clients site it just won't work. I have tried disabling virtuemart enable coupon and the coupon box disappears - no way to add the coupon code. I am using Gavick Sporter template and am wondering if this might be an issue. Never had this much trouble.

I have tried getting one page check and then disabled that thinking it might be the problem.
    Am using paypal.
    Joomla version 1.5.23
    Virtuemart 1.1.8 (made a lot of changes and don't want to upgrade just yet)

Just can't figure this out. http://www.wiefit.com
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Do not disable virtuemart enable coupon option, you need that. If AwoCoupon is not working, then likely it is missing the inserted code. Have you checked for that?

If using the free version you can use this as a guide:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-virtuemart#Installation-2

If using the pro version, take a look at awocoupon->installation check page.
  • Default avatar
    creativeone    
     12 years ago

Yes that was the first thing I checked. Both lines have been added to the ps_coupon.php file.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Try changing the template and see if the coupon code works.

You should probably turn on debug mode in global configurations to see if there are any sql errors.

If it is neither of those, then you would have to manually debug the code to find out what is going on.
  • Default avatar
    creativeone    
     12 years ago

I tried changing template and everything. I also tried upgrading VM which was a disaster and I put it back to 1.1.8

What happens is when I upgraded to VM 1.1.9, the coupons started working but the shipping (step 3) was corrupt. When I went back to VM 1.1.8 shipping works again but not coupons. ugh. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Very strange. I do not know what could be causing the problem. If you would like me to look at it, send me a pm with temp admin and ftp access.