How to tag item as gift certificate?

• Default avatar
    steven1    
     12 years ago

Hi, a customer was able to purchase a gift certificate using a 1/2 off coupon, even though the coupon is set to exclude g/c items. Your instructions say items "tagged as gift certificate" would be excluded. So how do I tag an item as a g/c?

Currently we have the gift certificate linked to a product in Virtuemart, which generates an emailed g/c when the product is purchased. I don't see where to mark that product as a g/c? Am I missing something obvious? We need to prevent our customers from getting coupon discounts on the gift certificates. Please help, thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

All products under AwoCoupon->Gift Certificates are assumed to be gift certificates, that is how they are tagged.

Did you verify the product is listed there and that the coupon used is marked to exclude gift certificate products?
  • Default avatar
    steven1    
     12 years ago

Not sure what happened. I tried to duplicate the transaction by putting some products and gift certs in the cart and it worked correctly. I will let you know if it happens again. Can I request a feature? It would be helpful to import/export the coupon codes to they could be edited in a spreadsheet. I also have the need to delete larges numbers of coupons.