Uses per customer not working

• Default avatar
    cas    
     12 years ago

I'm using the free version of AwoCoupon to try it out with VM2 & Joomla 1.7.3. I have 2 problems:

1) When I add a coupon with "Number of Uses" to per Customer of 1, and then login into the frontend and enter the coupon code, it does not find the coupon. If I change the "Number of Uses" to Total or blank, then it finds the coupon.

2) When I try to add a new coupon or edit an existing coupon and set "Percent or Amount" to Amount, and then try to save the coupon, the browser window goes blank, and the coupon is not saved. If I set "Percent or Amount" to Percent, then it saves the coupon with no problem.

Help,
    Chuck
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hi Chuck,

I was able to reproduce both problems and have fixed both. Please download the latest version, 2.0.2.

Thanks for reporting the bugs.
  • Default avatar
    cas    
     12 years ago

Thanks Seyi. It works!
  • Default avatar
    Zephyrsg    
     12 years ago

I'm having the same problem and the company working on my website is having a hard time resolving these issues. If you limit the coupon to 1 use per customer, it works for existing customers but not for new ones. We even reworked the order flow so that you could not enter a coupon code until you logged into the website. The web company I'm using has been working on this for quite a while, any help would be appreciated. I don't think we're using the free version though - Thanks, Georgette
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

to debug why coupons are not being accepted (in the pro version) go to awocoupon->configuration->error message tab and change the errors to something unique. Then use the problematic coupon in the front end and you will have a better idea of what the problem is.
  • Default avatar
    andrewau    
     11 years ago

I am using Version: 1.0.11 Free version on Vm 1.1.19 and I have the same issues. If I set a limit to the uses in total or per customer i get the message coupon code not found, however if i have no limit then the coupon works perfect. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Andrew
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello Andrew,

Are you logged in when you try the coupon with number of uses limit per customer? It will fail otherwise.
  • Default avatar
    andrewau    
     11 years ago

Ok so you cant apply limits to guest users, so is there anyway restrictions can be created for guest accounts?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

these are the only restrictions that require log in in the free version:
    - x number of uses per customer
    - selecting specific user(s) that can use the coupon
  • Default avatar
    andrewau    
     11 years ago

Ok thanks. What about the paid version, are there restrictions?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

The only extra rule that requires logging in is if you select a specific shopper group when creating the coupon.