Gift Certificates showing in History of Uses » Orders but no email is sent

• Default avatar
    amanda3    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I am running Joomla 1.7 VM 2.0.2 AWO 2.0.4

When I move a gift certificate to confirmed status in virtuemart the virtuemart email is sent but my custom Gift Certificate does not go. When I look in the orders section of History of Uses the order is there. I made sure that my profile is configured properly. What other ways can I begin to trouble shoot this? Is there an error log I could look into?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

When you move a gift certificate manually to confirmed status do you receive any errors? You said the order is in the history of uses, this would indicate that the codes where generated and the email has been sent. Do you have the custom attributes setup? Did you setup the bcc email and if so is that being received? Is the bcc email the same as the customer email?
  • Default avatar
    amanda3    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you for the quick reply. I do not receive an error when I move it to confirmed status (I was receiving an error regarding path to the vendor image but have fixed this.). I do not have custom attributes setup. I have the bcc email checked and it is the same email as the customer for my testing purposes. I also tried disabling the bcc and purchasing again but had the same results.

I have tried checking out with a different email than the bcc but still had the same results. Everything looks like it is working on the admin side, the order shows up the confirmation email from virtuemart goes out to both the customer and the admin yet no custom gift certificate email.

Could this have something to do with the Mail settings within Joomla? Could I have some confusion based on the admin email address I am using? Might there be an issue with the profile I have setup?

If you need any more details please let me know.
  • Default avatar
    amanda3    
     11 years ago

There was issues with my tmp folder which I have fixed. However, I am still not receiving the email. When I go to the tmp folder I found png files populated like my profiles. It seems like something is holding them back from being sent.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

tough one, that was going to be my next guess, to check the temporary folder settings.

It looks like you said, something might be holding it back, but its really impossible to tell without looking at it. If you can send me a private message with temporary admin/ftp access I can take a look at it.
  • Default avatar
    amanda3    
     11 years ago

Hi Sey,

It was an issue with my tmp folder since I migrated from a Linux to a Windows hosting server. Thanks for the help and great product!