Same Coupon to many customers using affiliate program

• Default avatar
    matthew28    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I got the extension some time ago and only now I have time on the project to deal with it.

I have 2000 customers, and creating 2000 coupons and assign individually will be a pain.

I was wondering if it is possible to change the interface on afiiliate module -> coupon, when assigning a new customer to a coupon. Right now you permit only one customer per coupon. However I have edited manually the file jos_awoaffiliate and created records for each user, but using the same coupon. It seemed to work right.

What I need is only to track comissions for each users. It will not give discount. Just need to know what each customer bought and give a simple 5% info back. That 5% will be a benifit that the customer will use in another place, not in the same site. Of course we need to track down the orders, and lets say "pay" the comissions, to know the amount of benefit we are giving.

Please, This is the last thing on the project and I got stuck on this situation, I wonder if you can help me on that.

Many Thanks,

Eduardo
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

You lost me at setting the users to all use the same code. The tracking of commission for what a user earns is linked to the coupon code. So if you set all users to use the same code, then any time that coupon code is used, all users will receive the commission. Or maybe a random user will receive the commission, depending on how the code is written. Are you sure this is working correctly?
  • Default avatar
    matthew28    
     11 years ago

Frankly I am not really sure.

I was trying to test that and find out that the cart is not accepting the coupons.

I see that all code injection are there, I checked the source code and I see the awo code there. But everytime I enter a valid coupon it only refresh the page and do nothing. No message at all.

If i enter a code that does not exist it says correctly that the coupon does not exist.

I have created only one coupon.

My objective is to track how much the customers are expending on the site. The website will give 5% of the expenses back in money in something else, not from the sites products.

The problem is that there is 2000 customers right now, How to generate coupons and make them affiliate? It is a lot of work.

Can you give me a direction on how to solve this issue? I will really much appreciate. This is my first project and I want to make it really good.

Eduardo
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Ok,

For the first problem of a coupon code not working, that is really strange. What is the setting of the coupon code? Is the value 0? If yes, then this is the reason the code is not being accepted. Virtuemart assumes you have to have a discount to accept the coupon code. Try setting the value to 0.01.

For the second question, you can generate 2000 coupons easily with awocoupon with the click of a mouse. The question is tagging each coupon to a customer. This can be done in the database by writing a script to do it.