Payment of shipping

• Default avatar
    SMART TRADING DIFFUSION    
     12 years ago

Hello,

When a customer inserts a gift certificate code, there remains the postage to pay. As I did an import may be that I forgot to properly inform a data field....

Joomla 1.5.23, Virtuemart 1.1.9, Awo 1.4 (now, but version 1.3 when importing)

Best regards

Christophe
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

By default gift certificates also subtracts shipping. Are you sure you are using a gift certificate and not a coupon?
  • Default avatar
    mirefoot    
     12 years ago

Could you look at www.oldschool.m1creative.org/

I can not stop the cost of shipping being applied. How do I do that please?

Edited to add that I use ozpost shipping module for virtuemart.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hello,

if you create a shipping coupon and do not select any shipper then it should be valid for all shipping selections. In order to be more selective in the choices of shipping that can be used in a coupon, it needs to be supported by AwoCoupon. What is ozpost shipping module, Im having a hard time finding it?
  • Default avatar
    mirefoot    
     12 years ago

Hi, I am not sure what you mean about the shipping coupon.

I have not created a shipping coupon.

I have gift certificates generated by AWO Coupon Pro but when I get to check out the shipping module only offers shipping based on its weight. If I set the weight to zero then the shipping module assumes a minimum weight of 200 grammes to make sure it can do a calculation. The module is here http://shop.vcsweb.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=43 It is free to download and use for 60 days.

Thanks for your help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Ok, i do not believe I understand the problem. Can you explain it in detail again?
  • Default avatar
    mirefoot    
     12 years ago

Ok.

I have a gift certificate created in AWO Pro for $10 value, I have added the custom attributes for name, email and message and that works fine and it gets emailed succesfully so the system works fine.

The problem is during the checkout process, when the delivery address is selected, the shipping module then provides the different shipping processes available.

Of course the gift certificate doesn't need shipping as it is emailed out.

How do I stop the shipping module from applying a shipping cost to the total?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Ah, I see now. Here is a solution I posted a while back:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/shipping-option-required#comment-546
  • Default avatar
    mirefoot    
     12 years ago

Thank you very much. I had just about sussed this out already. All I need to do now is stop the other shipping module when the weight is set to a certain weight.

Thank you
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

You would have to alter the shipping module if it is setting the minimum weight to greater than 0. As you mentioned you are using ozpost, the file should be located here:
    /home/userdir/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ozpost.php

You should search for the word "200" and disable the code.