Can no longer add coupons... Urgent

• Default avatar
    philip    
     12 years ago

Software stopped working some time ago (could no longer add or edit coupons).... version 1.1...

uninstalled and installed latest install today.... software still not working.... cannot add coupon... brings me to blank screen...

can send screen shots if needed... urgently need to get this fixed... paid $20 to get latest version....

Philip Madeley
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hi Philip,

can you turn on debug mode in global configuration and refresh the screen to see if there is a mysql error?
  • Default avatar
    philip    
     12 years ago

Where would I look for error
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hi,

I think the problem is the number of users you have. AwoCoupon is trying to load them on the screen and is probably running out of memory. Do you plan on making user specific coupons? If not this solution should work:

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/models/coupon.php around line 143 is this:
           ORDER BY v.last_name, v.first_name, u.name, u.id';

change it to this
           ORDER BY v.last_name, v.first_name, u.name, u.id LIMIT 500';
  • Default avatar
    philip    
     12 years ago

For now I do not need user specific... but if I do can it be fixed?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

The problem is the number of users being loaded to the page causing it to crash. We eventually plan to update the page to load items through ajax but for now some creative code would have to work. Something like this, but for users:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/blank-page-when-trying-create-new-coupon#comment-2041