how to import code list

• Default avatar
    georges    
     12 years ago

Hello,
    I have problem to import a coupon code list from a csv file.
    I will have regularly this kind of file with only one column with the 300 coupon code for one same product.
    I want first set a coupon type for that product and then import the list of code from the csv file into AwoC...It doesn't work....

My language is french, but after reading forum I have put into english. But no way!!
    Please help!!!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

There was an error with non english importing but it was fixed, and should work in all languages.

Go into AwoCoupon and create one coupon using the interface. Then go to reports->coupon list and export it. This now gives you a template of an import file. If you change the coupon code and import, it should work.
  • Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

Hi,
    i too have problem with import coupon list. I followed your instructions but i can nor download csv report because it give a 505 misconfiguration error when i click on the function.
    Please help me! I purchased this component because i learned was very performant and easy to use but i cant import my list.
    Someone have a cvs file to use as template?
    Thank you in advance
    Nicola
  • Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

Sad to tell you but your component is a fraud. it is impossible to use in professional way. impossible to import coupon list and impossibile many other functions which are on the pay version.
    I will tell everybody this if you dont refund me my money very soon
    I suggest you to change job
    Nicola
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hello Nicola,

On 99% of installations AwoCoupon works perfectly fine. There are always situations where there will be problems. Not just in my components but in every component. This can be due to anything. This is why I am so active on the forum and always offer my help.

If you can explain your problem and I can reproduce it on my server, I will fix the problem and give you a solution. If the problem is specifically happening on your server then please pm me temporary admin/ftp access and I will be happy to look at it.

There is really no need for the extreme remarks, when you have not even given the support a chance.
  • Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

I use joomla 1.5.25 and virtuemart 1.1.9 which work fine and with your component installed, i need to import a big quantity of coupons. i use italian language by default.
    There is not anywhere a very template model to use in the processing import. i have followed every suggest given in the forum , in the user instructions provided, but the response is always the same:
    ID: 1;AA100039;published;coupon;product;percent;specific;30;;10;10;;;;;Yes;Yes;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Questo buono esiste già. Per favore prova ancora
    -- Colonne non sufficienti da processare

ID: 2;AA100040;published;coupon;product;percent;specific;30;;10;10;;;;;Yes;Yes;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Questo buono esiste già. Per favore prova ancora
    -- Colonne non sufficienti da processare

ID: 3;AA100041;published;coupon;product;percent;specific;30;;10;10;;;;;Yes;Yes;

Still, i have used your suggest to try download a report on csv file to use for template (before creating a coupon record), however, i can see his preview, but cant download it. In the http://www.mydomanin.it/administrator/index.php , when clik on the excel icon ( coupon list) he answer is always :
    ernal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, postmaster@corrieredellaprivacy.it and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Is it too much if i need to create 1.000 coupons (customized number because they are personal code of each of my customers) and import them in virtuemart? reading about your component i believed that was a easy process,but now i see that many people have the same problem, but i dont read a about a solution nor a template to use in the import process.

If you can help me, i would be grateful, but i am very disappointed by this my wrong purchase. I hope you will demonstrate that it is me that mistakes.

Nicola

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hello,

There are many questions on the import, but downloading the coupon list into a csv has solved most people's problems. As you said you tried this and received an error. I do not know why you are receiving an error. I would ask you to turn on debug mode and try it again, and if there is a mysql error, it will be displayed and then that can be solved.

Also looking at the example error you are receiving, it looks like your delimiter is a semi-colon (;). By default the delimiter is a comma. To change it to a semi-colon, go into awocoupon->configuration and change "CSV Delimiter" to a semi colon.
  • Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

One more time: can you simply send me by email a template to use in the imoporting process?????????????
    it is so hard? If you send me it, i will fill it, and will do tests eho suggested knoking that template is all right.
    If you cant do it, can you refund money please?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Email with a coupon template has been sent.
    Import templates can be printed by going to awocoupon->reports->coupon list->export to excel.
  • Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

thank you very much for the sent template. however, as i told many times, from awocoupon->reports->coupon list->export to excel i receive only errors and i could print so nothing...

In plus, i tried to import your template and i receive just a different error with my previous answers:

ID: 12

-- Per favore inserire una data pubblicazione valida
    -- Per favore inserire un tipo funzione valido
    -- Per favore inserire una percentuale o un importo valido

ID: 13

-- Per favore inserire un tipo funzione valido 2

ID: 19

-- Per favore inserire un tipo sconto valido

ID: 688

-- Per favore inserire un tipo sconto valido

SO I LEARN THAT NOR YOUR TEMPLATE WORKS ON IMPORT ..........

• Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

YOUR COMPONENT DOESNT WORK PROPERLY AS A CUSTOMER ASPECT TO DO IT. AROUND 50 EUROS ARE A STEAL AND A FRAUD.
    I GIVE LAST CHANCE. AFTER, I WILL EMPLOY 10 MINUTS OF MY DAYS TO TALK THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR COMPONENT IN ALL FORUMS AND SITES WHERE IT SPEAKS ABOUT VIRTUEMART AND JOOMLA, SO, RIGHTLY YOU WILL NO MORE FRAUD OTHER STUPIDS AS ME.
    BYE
    NICOLA
  • Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

FOR EXAMPLE, ANOTHER CUSTOMER WHO INSTALLED VIRTUEMART 1.1.9 AS MINE, HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEM:

https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/stopped-working-after-udpgrading-virtuemart

DID YOU SOLVED HIS PROBLEM?

I DONT FIND ANY SOLUTION

I FIND VERY VERY FEW PERSONS THAT ARE YOU HELPED. WHY?????????

GIVE ME BACK MONEY
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

my example template is in English and you are importing in Italian. For example 'Published' is not a valid word in Italian and it would present the error. To test my template you have to switch your default language to English or edit what i sent to use the italian version of the words, as is shown in the CSV spreadsheet example on the import screen.

Thank you.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

:) I am here trying to work with you to solve your problem, but your first impulse is to send threats. I cannot respond to this as it is an emotional and irrational thought. I am still here, helping you resolve your problems.
  • Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

HONESTLY. DO YOU THINK THAT A COMPONENT WHICH ARE THIS BIG FRAGILITY ARE A VALUE OF ALMOST 50 EURO?
    I AM SURE THAT MY GRANDPARENT WOULD DONE BETTER

YOU ARE NOT HONEST IF YOU CAN DECLARE THAT THIS COMPONENT ARE REASON TO BE FOR PAY

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

GIVE ME MONEY BACK
  • Default avatar
    nicola7    
     12 years ago

FIRST THING I WILL REPORT TO PAYPAL THAT YOU PROMISE PRODUCTS THAT DOESNT WORK RECEIVING MONEY THROUGH

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE AR EYOU FROM? IN ALL YOUR SITE IT IS NOT SPECIFIED. WHY? DO YOU NEED TO BE HIDDEN?

PAYPAL KNOWS WHERE ARE YOU
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

You can send the user a private message and ask if her problem was resolved. As you can see, the last posting was from her saying she is sending me access over PM. I solved it, and it is my mistake I forgot to update the forum with a solution.

Most cases where you do not see any more responses is because it has gone to either private message or emailing and where resolved there.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

As the topic has gotten a little off topic I am closing it to comments. If you are still having problems, please open a new topic.

To summarize
    - the error you posted shows that you are using a semi-colon delimited file, when AwoCoupon by default accepts comma delimited files. Setting the delimiter to a semi-colon in awocoupon->configurations should fix this
    - for reports not working, turn on debug mode to see if there is a mysql error associated with it
    - for the template I sent you, it is in English and uses a comma delimiter. So to import it, you would need to change your admin language to English and your delimiter to a comma.

This thread is locked.