Coupon entry not showing anywhere

• Default avatar
    john86    
     12 years ago

Hi,

Pretty stoked on your product. Having one issue:

After installing coupon form does not show up in cart or anywhere else.

jooomla 1.5.23
    VM 1.1.9

Enabled Coupon Usage checked
    Coupons created in AWO and Joomla
    AWO install checks out

http://www.littlepicklepress.com/shop/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JOhn
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hi John,

Strange error. Are you using the Virtuemart default theme? If not can you change it to the Virtuemart default theme and check it again? Need to make sure its not the theme.
  • Default avatar
    john86    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Default is displaying the form. Can you point me to any files I should be looking at to chase this down. Thanks for your time.

John
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

yes, does the theme you are using contain the below file? If not try copying it from the default into your theme and see if that fixes the problem:
    www/components/com_virtuemart/themes/templates/[default]/common/couponField.tpl.php
  • Default avatar
    john86    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,

It did. On the first install it appeared to place the code above where it should have been . I restored everything and reinstalled and it appears to be working now.

Is there a way to have a coupon auto apply?

User purchases 30 books

Volume discount coupon gets automatically applied to order

Thanks,

JOhn
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Glad you got it working. AwoCoupon does not do automated emails, its really a different beast. I believe there are a few extensions out there that can do this. I have heard daycounts Virtuemart Bonus can do this. Also Purchasing rules should be able to do this: https://polishedgeek.com/paid-extensions/virtuemart-purchasing-rules/overview-a-features.html?amigosid=3
  • Default avatar
    john86    
     12 years ago

Hi

Sorry for the confusion. Not talking about emails. Talking about the coupon working without the user entering the code or having to enter the code.

Also

Having the coupon triggered by the order volume.

Thanks,

John
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

actually i meant automated coupons, sorry.

Have you looked at virtuemart calculation rules, you may be able to do this by creating a rule through virtuemart.