[Resolved] shipping coupon that is product specific

• Default avatar
    sean82    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    I was wondering if, in future changes, you could include being able to make product specific shipping coupons. As you know, right now it is global for all products.

Thanks!
  • Default avatar
    mansfieldpaper    
     12 years ago

This is what our company has been looking for... this coupon software is wonderful, however we need to offer free shipping on all orders over a certain amount ($50) but exclude certain products (Chocolate) from that special. Right now, I don't believe this is possible and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to do this. Please help!!

Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

this is not possible. I just dont understand how this will work, since the shipping cost is on the whole cart, and not on any specific products. So if a product is excluded from the free shipping, and it is in the cart, does that mean the whole cart is excluded from free shipping?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Also, this was written for gift certificates but you can get it to work for your function, if you dont mind hacking the code:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/shipping-option-required#comment-546
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

the ability to select specific products for shipping discounts has been added to AwoCoupon Pro 1.4.2.

If the discount type is set to specific, then all the products in the shopping cart have to be in the product list of the coupon.
    If the discount type is set to overall, then if at least one of the products in the shopping cart is in the coupon's product list, the discount will be given.