exclude discounted products from buying with Gift Certificates

• Default avatar
    bernhard    
     12 years ago

Hi,
    I need to exclude discounted products from buying with Gift Certificates.

This seems to be no problem for Coupons with the products include/exclude selection.

Is there a way to install this function for Gift Certificates?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

There is no way to do this on the interface, but this can be done by editing the coupon processor code. If done, it would always exclude discounted products for all gift certificates. Is that what you want?
  • Default avatar
    bernhard    
     12 years ago

No not for all gift certificates. There are regular gift certificates sold in the shop which should be valid for all the products.

On the other hand we offer sometimes gift certificates for free, eg. when the customer orders for a given minimum amount. This works fine now together with the Purchasing Rules component. The validity for those free gift certificates must be limited. Here we have to exclude discounted products and some low priced products to be purchased with free gift certificates.

I hope you can understand my basic english.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Your english is fine.

Can you use a value coupon instead? The only difference between a value coupon and a gift certificate is a gift certificate keeps track of the history. From what you have explained I would think you do not need that.
  • Default avatar
    bernhard    
     12 years ago

I will give it a try, thanks.