manually add history of use not working

• Default avatar
    webdesco    
     12 years ago

when I go to manually add coupon usage, the coupon that I manually created does not appear in the drop down box, any ideas why?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

the list displays:
    - published coupons
    - couponst that are NOT parent coupons

Does it pass these requirements?
  • Default avatar
    webdesco    
     12 years ago

I think so!
    I went to the coupon screen, clicked new, selected Function type as 'gift certificate' gave it a coupon code, selected published and gave it a value of 50.00.

I was able to use the coupon in VM so I should be able to access it from the drop down list
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Yes, I too was able to reproduce the problem. This will be fixed in the next version but for now, here is a solution:

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/models/usershistoryentry.php, around line 55 is this

<?php
         WHERE published
    =AND function_type2!="parent" 
    ?>

change it to this
    <?php
        WHERE published
    =AND (function_type2 IS NULL OR function_type2!="parent" )
    ?>
  • Default avatar
    webdesco    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    thanks for the quick reply, this has solved the problem with regard to being able to select a manually entered gift voucher, but now I have a different problem concerning the scenario of my client having an over the counter shop.
    Lets say that the coupon is used by someone who has not set up an online account, currently the History Of Uses Form checks to see if a valid username has been entered by looking up the username in #__users. How do you think we can overcome this? What about having a checkbox saying 'Unregistered User' or something like that, so as the script knows to by-pass the user Id lookup? Ahh, but you only store the user_id, not the username so that won't work!

Any Ideas?
  • Default avatar
    webdesco    
     12 years ago

Okay I've come across another issue regarding data entry.
    I have a Gift Certificate (Id=1, coupon_code=qwerty1234) with a value of £50
    I go to history of uses form and enter the following:
    Coupon Code: qwerty1234
    Username: philip butler
    Discount (Product): 20.00
    Discount (Shipping): NULL
    Order Number: NULL

Click Save and the record is saved and appears under the 'coupons' heading on the History of uses page but there is no date in the Order Date column (when you query jos_awocoupon_user_uses there is a valid timestamp against the new record)

When you go to the Coupons page, it does not show a summary of the number of uses and the Asset (which I assume is the current value of the Coupon) shows as --

• Default avatar
    webdesco    
     12 years ago

How about if I enter the shop owners username and I add a new 'notes' column to the jos_awocoupon_user_uses table so as they can record the non-registered users details?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

the order date is taken from the order number, which is null.

the coupons page does not show history information, it is all in the history of uses page or reports.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

yep, you would have to do a little customization. Just a generic offline user account would work, or the shop owners.
  • Default avatar
    webdesco    
     12 years ago

on the coupons page, what is the 'number of uses' column used for if not to show how many times the coupon has been used?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

it is showing the properties of the coupon, the number of uses you set, example:
    - 2 total
    - 3 per customer
  • Default avatar
    webdesco    
     12 years ago

I've modified line 75 of administrator\components\com_awocoupon\views\usershistory\tmpl\default_coupon.php
    from
    <?php

echo !empty($row->cdate) ? date('Y-m-d',$row->cdate) : ' '
    ?>

to
    <?php

echo !empty($row->cdate) ? date('Y-m-d',$row->cdate) : $row->timestamp
    ?>

so if the coupon was manually entered without an online order it shows the date the manual entry was made. I know this will go a bit wierd if the client sorts by this column, but that's a minor inconvenience.