Gift certificate recipient issue

• Default avatar
    mark963    
     12 years ago

HI Guys, No real dramas with the component other than I cannot get gift certificates sent to the recipient entered on the product page.
    They are going straight to the purchaser. How can I fix this?

Any suggestions?

Mark
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

In Virtuemart, you created a custom field where the customer can specify the email address. Did you set this custom field name in awocoupon->configuration to the same as within Virtuemart?
  • Default avatar
    mark963    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Yes the Custom attribute list has the following information exactly as I show here...
    Recipients Name;Email Address;Message

Mark

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

And just to verify, that same information is within AwoCoupon->configuration? Also take a look in the database at table jos_vm_order_item. What data do you see under the product_attribute column?
  • Default avatar
    mark963    
     12 years ago

This is what I can see in the product attributes table you want to see
    Recipients Name: mark
    Email Address: help@theitbloke.com.au
  • Default avatar
    mark963    
     12 years ago

and I notice the
    behind each item of entered data, but it doenst show in my previous post.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

and in AwoCoupon -> Configuration you have "Email Address" set as the attribute? Because by default, if nothing is set, it uses "Recipient Email"
  • Default avatar
    mark963    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,

That was the issue, thank you for your assistance.
    Cheers
    Mark
  • Default avatar
    mark963    
     12 years ago

Hi again,

ok so it senmds the emial correctly now, but I cannot seem to get the other data into the email such as the recipients name, the message & senders name
    I can see the certificate details and the certificate itself, so that bit is working, its just the rest.

Any suggestions? I added the tags to the profile email, but they appear blank when In get the email.

Here is a copy of the body of the email.

Hello {Recipients Name},
    You have been sent a gift certificate valid towards all products at Fordwreckers.com.au from {user_first_name} {user_last_name},
    Who said...{recipient_message}
    Certificate Details
    {gift_certificates}
    {image_embed}
    Simply enter the code from your gift certificate in the coupon code box during checkout the next time you purchase from our site.
    Enjoy shopping, and if you have any trouble using it, please contact us on 08 83411122 or at sales@fordwreckers.com.au
    Regards from,
    The Team @ Fordwreckers.com.au
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

The recipient name and message also need to be setup. Make sure the variables are the same in both virtuemart->product detail and AwoCoupon->configuration. The same thing you did for the email address.
  • Default avatar
    mark963    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I have managed to fix the data fill in issues by using the correct tags it took some ecpereimenting,, because I was using the wrong tags, these below work for me

FYI here is the code I am now using that works,,,

Hello {user_first_name} ,
    You have been sent a gift certificate valid towards all products at Fordwreckers.com.au
    With the message,
    {recipient_message}

Certificate Details
    {gift_certificates}
    {image_embed}
    Simply enter the code from your gift certificate in the coupon code box during checkout the next time you purchase from our site.
    Enjoy shopping, and if you have any trouble using it, please contact us on 08 83411122 or at sales@fordwreckers.com.au
    Regards from,
    The Team @ Fordwreckers.com.au

Now I have another problem.
    I would like admin to get a copy of all gift certificates for resending purposes, but whn I enable the feature to bcc admin, all that happens is that the customer gets two emails.

The emails for the customer and the admin are different and I have set the email address in both the virtuemart and awo profile to be the same. But admin does not get the emails.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Mark
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

The {recipient_message} tag is not in the user guide. I will make sure that gets updated, thanks.

For the bcc, it first checks the email field in the "Default" profile. If it is populated it uses that email, otherwise it uses the email setup in the store in components->virtuemart->store->edit.

Can you verify that it is set up correctly?
  • Default avatar
    mark963    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,

yes both are populated with the same email address address.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

What version of AwoCoupon are you using? Need to test this to see if I can reproduce the issue.
  • Default avatar
    danny5    
     12 years ago

Hi I'm having troubles getting the mail templates to work.

I have in Configuration:
    Naam Ontvanger (=name of recipient)
    Email Ontvanger (=email of recipient)
    Bericht (=message)

In VMproduct, I have:
    Naam Ontvanger;Email Ontvanger;Bericht

My html (brown profile)
    Beste {user_first_name},

Hierbij ontvang je een kadobon die te gebruiken is op {website}. Deze kadobon wordt je aangeboden door [HERE I WANT THE SENDER NAME BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK] .

Hij/zij wilde nog het volgende bericht meegeven:
    {recipient_message}

{gift_certificates}

Hartelijk dank en veel schoen-plezier,

{website}

The output on this is:
    Beste max Kessels,

Hierbij ontvang je een kadobon die te gebruiken is op http://www.babyschoenenwinkel.nl/. Deze kadobon wordt je aangeboden door {Recipients Name}.

Hij/zij wilde nog het volgende bericht meegeven:
    test kadobon

Kadobon-Code: 1234567890
    Waarde: 100.00 EUR
    Geldig tot: 2012-10-25

Hartelijk dank en veel schoen-plezier,

http://www.babyschoenenwinkel.nl/

I hope you get the Idea of whet my problem is and can tell me how to solve this

Thanks in advance
    Danny
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hi Danny,

I see the problem. Right now there are only tags for 1 name, either the customer purchasing or the person it is being sent to. This is an oversight and will be fixed. To fix it for your installation, you will need to edit a php file:

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/virtuemart/ps_awo_giftcert.php, around line 203

change
    <?php

array('{website}','{gift_certificates}','{user_first_name}','{user_last_name}','{recipient_message}','{image_embed}'),
        array(
    URL,$mycodes['text_gift'],$mail_key[$this_mail_key]['first_name'],$mail_key[$this_mail_key]['last_name'],$mail_key[$this_mail_key]['message'],$embed_text), 
    ?>

to
    <?php

array('{website}','{gift_certificates}','{purchaser_first_name}','{purchaser_last_name}','{user_first_name}','{user_last_name}','{recipient_message}','{image_embed}'),
        array(
    URL,$mycodes['text_gift'],$customer_first_name,$customer_last_name,$mail_key[$this_mail_key]['first_name'],$mail_key[$this_mail_key]['last_name'],$mail_key[$this_mail_key]['message'],$embed_text), 
    ?>

Then you can use {purchaser_first_name} and {purchaser_last_name} for the purchaser and {user_first_name} for the receiver.
  • Default avatar
    danny5    
     12 years ago

Hey Seyi,

Thanks you so much for the fast respone. I tried your solution and it worked.

This should be standard in the next release.

Thanks again,
    Danny
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

great, it will be fixed in the next release.
  • Default avatar
    hennie    
     12 years ago

Hello Seyi,
    I tried the php code provided above but the customer_first_name tag doesnt give any information.
    The last name, email and message however shows correct.
    kind regards,
    Hennie

checked VM configuration with Coupon configuration = OK
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

hi, there is no tag {customer_first_name}. These are the tags in that code:

{purchaser_first_name}
    {purchaser_last_name}
    {user_first_name}
    {user_last_name}
  • Default avatar
    hennie    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    the user-tag does put the name from the person who the gift is for (and filled out in the attribute list on the site). But the purchaser-tag does not show my name as the one who bought the ticket.
    kind regards,
    Hennie
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

please upgrade to the latest, 1.4.2, these tags are now implemented by default.
  • Default avatar
    hennie    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    upgrading did the job, thank you for your reply,
    best regards,
    Hennie
  • Default avatar
    anaffelici    
     11 years ago

Hi seyi,

Where is the user guide? Tks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Here it is, this lists all the tags:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-pro/profiles

It is also in the user_guide.html file of your AwoCoupon pro download.