How to use Multiple Coupons?

• Default avatar
    tsai fa    
     12 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to set 1st coupon is 10$ discount, 2nd coupon is 10%. my customer can ust both coupons in the same time. how to do?

Thank you.

jeff
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Your customers can use both coupons by entering both at the same time separated by a semi-colon. So for example, if you have these 2 coupons, ace23 and ubvw93, the customer can enter this in the coupon field:

ace23;ubvw93

Also, do not forget to enable the use of multiple coupons in awocoupon->configuration as it is not enabled by default.
  • Default avatar
    amy171    
     12 years ago

Hi,

Only the first coupon is applying. I've tried with a space after the semi-colon, and without. Multiple coupons have been enabled in the AWOCoupon configuration, and coupons are enabled in VirtueMart.

Why isn't the second coupon being applied?

Thanks for any suggestions!

*edit* Just noticed that my characters are being limited in the coupon box, and that the second coupon code is not finishing. How can I expand the number of characters allowed in the box?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

In the template:
    www/components/com_virtuemart/themes/[default]/templates/common/couponField.tpl.php

Where [default] is the template you are using. Reading the code, by default the maxlength is set to 30.
  • Default avatar
    amy171    
     12 years ago

Perfect! Thanks!