• Default avatar
    janet5    
     12 years ago

How can I test to see if the gift certificate emails are working? Can I do this while the e-commerce portion of my site is still in test mode?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Certainly. As long as your server can send out emails, you should be able to receive them. After entering an order that has a gift certificate, manually move the order from the pending status to the confirmed status within the backend. This will trigger the gift certificate email.
  • Default avatar
    todd91    
     12 years ago

While testing our install, when we manually convert things from Pending to Confirmed the email goes out but it isn't imprinting the details on the Coupon. It seems to work fine when the order comes through as confirmed. The notification email triggers with the correct variables, but it doesn't put them on the image.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

when you setup the profile in the backend and view the preview, do you see the variables filled out on the image?
  • Default avatar
    todd91    
     12 years ago

No, they don't seem to be doing that anymore. Also, all the font colors are set to alice blue

http://screencast.com/t/jRcjx63uVuZ2

This was working just peachy ... any idea why it would suddenly change up? I ran through a number of Preview uses before configuring the coupon in the first place, and they emailed out with the imprinted details as well.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

did you recently change your images?
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/font-color-not-changing-gift-certificates#comment-909
  • Default avatar
    todd91    
     12 years ago

No, the image did not change between the coupon working and not-working. I have a replacement image for the client (they wanted to change the style somewhat) that I can add in now to see if things change. I'm also making sure it's a 24-Bit PNG.

Any other things that you know that could affect the generation of the imprinted coupon?
  • Default avatar
    todd91    
     12 years ago

I updated the image and copied the certificate I was using. It appears to be imprinting now; any idea why it might have stopped? I'm a bit leery of folks buying a ton of certificates and suddenly having a range of emails go out without being imprinted.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Apart from the 8-bit problem, I have not seen another reason why an image would stop printing. Maybe it just did not get uploaded properly the first time.
  • Default avatar
    todd91    
     12 years ago

Several of the tests we initially performed on the file were successful - the old image worked fine on about 8 test orders and numerous previews before hiccuping.

Also, checking the file, it appears it was 24 Bit to start with... "(24 BitsPerPixel)" from the EXIF data.

So just to be sure I understand (so I can communicate back to the client) there's no known history of the system resetting or otherwise dropping the imprinting process outside of the 8Bit issue linked to previously? It is possible we had some other interference with a different component, we can explore that route if / as it seems like there are no other known issues on the awo front.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I have not seen another issue where images work and after a while stop working. The only image problems I have seen are with png 8 bit.