Need to get a copy of the gift certificate email

• Default avatar
    lori74    
     12 years ago

I'm testing the Pro version on my localhost site. I've set up my "Gift Certificate Profile" to bcc the admin, but I'm not receiving emails. Is there a way to regenerate a gift certificate email and have it sent to me or an email address that I can specify? Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Is the gift certificate email being sent to the customer? There is no way to regenerate through the interface, but if you delete the order from jos_awocoupon_giftcert_order table and move the order back to pending and then confirmed, it will re trigger the email being sent.
  • Default avatar
    lori74    
     12 years ago

It does get sent to the customer. But, I'd like to get it sent to me as well - that's why I checked the BCC admin. If a customer forgets to update their email address or, for some other reason, doesn't receive the certificate email, it's easier if I just forward them the copy that I received instead of modifying the database.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

It sends a bcc to the from email set-up in the default profile. If left blank, then it sends the bcc to the email set-up in your virtuemart store. Does this look right in your configuration?
  • Default avatar
    lori74    
     12 years ago

I hadn't filled in the "from email" in the default profile, but the email in my VM store is good.

Edit: I filled in the "from email" in the default profile and I still didn't get an email sent to that address. I did, however, get multiple copies sent to the "customer".
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

is the customer email the same as the from email?
  • Default avatar
    lori74    
     12 years ago

No, it's not. Also, the "customer" received three copies of the email.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I do not understand what is going on. Have you made any modifications to the code? I can look at it if you pm me ftp/admin access.
  • Default avatar
    lori74    
     12 years ago

I've now installed the latest version in my production environment - no modifications have been made to the code. If I check "Bcc Admin" in my default Gift Certificate Profile, the "customer" receives three emails. If I uncheck it, the customer receives one. In either case, the "admin" doesn't receive an email.

I've left it unchecked so that the customer isn't flooded with emails, but I'm not receiving a copy and am not confortable about not having an easy way to resend it.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

If you send me a private message with temp admin and ftp access, I can take a look at it. Otherwise there is really nothing I can do as I cannot reproduce the problem.

Another option is to manually update the code with something like this:
    https://awodev.com/forum/other-applications/awo-product-show-virtuemart/email-informations-coupon-vendors-product#comment-1517
  • Default avatar
    blake4    
     12 years ago

Seyi,

I'm having the same problem. The recipient receives 2 emails and the store owner none. Checking or unchecking Bcc Admin has no effect.

I even changed the code manually per your guidelines above.

Were you able to resolve this thread? If so, what did you do?

Thanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

was never solved, at least not from my end. Still do not know what is causing it. Will be happy to look at it with access.

Out of curiosity, what is your mailer set to in global configuration?
  • Default avatar
    blake4    
     12 years ago

I currently have the Mailer set to PHP Mail Function. I tried Sendmail and Smtp Server with the same results.

The only thing I can think of is there might be a conflict with ARTIO VM Invoices. I currently have this component set to send an Invoice when the order in changed from Pending to Confirmed.

I'll try disabling this and will let you know.