[Resolved] Joomla error on installation

• Default avatar
    adam.osbourne    
     12 years ago

I've trying to install the pro version but i get the following error:

"-1 - An error has occurred.

Unable to create target folder"

All of the necessary folders are writable and I have successfully installed other components, including the free version of this. I've followed the instructions (unzip first, etc) but still no go. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Thanks,

Adam
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I am not sure what could be causing the error. You can try the manual install:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/manual-install#comment-801

If you like, I can take a look at it with temp admin/ftp access.
  • Default avatar
    adam.osbourne    
     12 years ago

I'll try the manual install and see where I get. As I already have the free version installed, am I to delete this or copy into this? And what should I do if any files need to be overwritten?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

You need to upgrade from the free version, which is actually different than the manual install. The easiest is to uninstall the free copy if you do not need anything from within it. If you do, then I would need to compile an update script and send it to you.
  • Default avatar
    adam.osbourne    
     12 years ago

I've actually managed to install it from the joomla install manager. Initially, I was trying to put it on my test site and it wasn't working. I then decided to go straight to the live site and it installed fine. But now I'm having a slightly different issue.

I can't seem to register the product, it's asking for a local key but I don't seem to have one in my account??

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Glad it installed.

When you entered your license it should have automatically generated your local key. If it did not then there may be something on your server blocking or servers from talking to it. This is not a problem your local key can be generated manually. Please send me a private message with your website and I will get that done for you.