Only Old VM Coupons Work After VM Upgrade

• Default avatar
    cleverusername    
     12 years ago

I installed Coupon Pro on VM 1.12. I absolutely love it! It worked great and we spent several hours customizing the coupons. I upgraded to VM 1.18 and now only the VM native coupons work. When I enter a Coupon Pro coupon VM says "Coupon code not found. Please try again." I have edited all the error messages in the Pro configuration to read what they actually are, so this is not just the generic error message. What should I do? I can't afford to lose all the time I have invested in creating the Pro coupons.
    Thank You,
    Dan
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

take a look in admin->components->awocoupon->installation check. Re-install everything you need. Since you upgraded, these were wiped out, you can reinstall using this page.
  • Default avatar
    cleverusername    
     12 years ago

Thank you for the quick response. Will I lose my coupons? How do I back up my coupons?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

no, you will not loose your coupons. The installation check page only affects files while your coupons are stored in the database. To backup your coupon, you can simply backup your database.
  • Default avatar
    cleverusername    
     12 years ago

This worked great! Everything is back to normal. This is an excellent component that allows us to do a bunch of stuff we could not do before. Thank you for your help on this.