Coupon not applied at checkout

• Default avatar
    linda0    
     12 years ago

Hi

I'm creating a coupon, for a buy 1 get 1 free offer. I've created a category called buy 1 get 1 free, which holds all the products that qualify for buy 1 get 1 free.

The settings are as follows:

Function Type: Coupon
    Function Type 2: Category
    Coupon Code: Free
    Published: Published
    Percent or Amount: Percent
    Discount Type: Specific
    Value:
    Value Definition: 2-50;
    Customers: none selected
    Categories: Buy 1 get 1 free

The coupon is not being applied at the checkout, where am \i going wrong?

I'm using this with Purchasing Rules beta 1.4 and Virtuemart 1.1.7.

Linda
  • Default avatar
    linda0    
     12 years ago

I've tested this before and after logging in and the result is the same.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

That should work. Did you check the installation page? Is the core installed? Also take a look at the configuration page and change the error messages so you know where it is failing.

One more note, they coupon you created will give you a buy 1 get 1 free, but it goes further than that, since it is a 50% coupon. If x items greater or equal to 2 are put into the shopping cart from that category, then a 50% discount will apply on x. If everything is priced the same, it is better to use the value instead of the percent.
  • Default avatar
    linda0    
     12 years ago

Thank you for your reply.

The core is installed, but I don't receive any error message. I'm not sure if the problem is with Purchasing Rules 1.4 beta. Have you tried AWOcoupon Pro with this version?

Each time I test the coupon another coupon is created with a long string of numbers. Is this what should happen?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

I would start by disabling the purchasing rules plugin and seeing if it works. If so then there must be something in purchasing rules causing the problems. If that is the case, I would contact them directly, im no expert in it.
  • Default avatar
    linda0    
     12 years ago

I've tested the coupon on its own and it works correctly.

How do I add another development website to my license?

Also could you explain in more detail the options under Process Type when creating a parent coupon.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

The processing options in parent coupons are these:
    . first found match - it starts going through all the coupons in your list, and the first coupon in your list that is valid is used
    . lowest coupon value - goes through all the coupons and uses the coupon with the lowest value
    . highest coupon value - goes through all the coupons and uses the coupon with the highest value
    . All that apply - goes through all the coupons and applies all that are valid

Please send me a pm or email with the development website details and it will be added.