Trying to troubleshoot gift certificate

• Default avatar
    mcfd    
     13 years ago

Hi, thank you for what looks like a great product!

I am having problems though. I am trying to create gift certificates for my site. I thought I had everything done correctly, but apparently not.

I followed the instructions you provided in creating a gift certificate. On the frontend, I can purchase the gift certificate like any other product. I thought there may be a "This gift certificate is for ___________" at "_email address______". I am not seeing this and am assuming that your product doesn't do this. I tested the gift certificate product and was confirmed that the product was purchased. I received the purchase order in email, but no email that included the gift certificate profile nor a code. I can't figure out the problem!

Thanks for your time. My site is www.mcfdthreadz.com
    Thank you.
    Will
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

hi, by default, the gift certificate email is triggered when the order has been moved to the confirmed stage. Is your order in this stage? And yes, you are right, there is no user input as Virtuemart does not allow customer input/product.
  • Default avatar
    mcfd    
     13 years ago

Thank you Seyi for the quick reply. That worked. It makes sense now that I think about it. Great product!