On Install it says another module is using mod_j15html

• Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

mod_j15html is a module in which one can insert html code. I amusing it for my email sign up.

I remember that this module can be cloned.

Apparently The AW coupon is making use of this module.

It would be nice if the instructions included how to clone the module and to make whatever code adaptions are needed to use the clone.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi,

I do not k now what mod_j15html is and AwoCoupon does not use it. The only interactions AwoCoupon has are with Joomla and Vrituemart.
  • Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

Found copy function in module menu. Made a clone of mod_j15html and deleted the added code from the clone.
    I still cannot install module. It says it cannot find XML file There must be a subject on this board for that message and so I will look for it.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hello, I am not sure what you are looking at, but you should be trying to install com_awocoupon.zip. If you need help doing this I will be glad to assist. You can pm me temp admin access.
  • Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

I have tried to install the coupon module many times. Now the coupon function is not working at all. If you can help to install it that would be great.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

yes I can help you with this. Please either pm or email temp admin access and I can look at it.
  • Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

Not sure what pm means.

Do I email to the contact us email address?
  • Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

Awocoupon Pro - A coupon enhancement for Virtuemart
    Database Tables Installation: Successful
    Profile 1: Upgrade Applied Successfully.
    Profile - Christmas: Upgrade Applied Successfully.
    Profile - Flower: Upgrade Applied Successfully.
    Profile - Brown: Upgrade Applied Successfully.
    Profile - Snowman: Upgrade Applied Successfully.
    Core (Required): Unsuccessful - FILE DOES NOT EXIST OR IS NOT WRITABLE
    Add Shipping fields to Coupon Form: Successful
    Order Number in Checkout: Successful
    Call AwoCoupon on Selection of Shipping: Successful
    Display Correct Shipping in Basket: Successful
    Show Shipping Discount in Coupon Display field 1: Successful
    Show Shipping Discount in Coupon Display field 2: Successful
    Retrieve Calculated Shipping from AwoCoupon: Successful
    Allows sellable gift certificates: Unsuccessful - COULD NOT FIND POSITION TO ADD/DELETE CONTENT
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Looks like you got it installed. You can always use the contact us email. PM is private message.

Now that it is installed you can go to awocoupon dashboard->installation check and see what was installed in virtuemart and what was not, and try to install it again. If you cannot install it through that screen, the take a look in the user_guide.html, the troubleshooting section. It walks you through how to manually install the insertions.
  • Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

It might say that because I deleted ps-coupon.php, thinking itwould be re-installed correctly.

I had modified it according to the Virtuemart injection instructions but there were some problems and the onscreen message said:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in /home/andersen/public_html/store/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_coupon.php on line 134"

I could not find '.',
    and so that was a dead end.
    If I had a copy of what the file should be, I could upload that.

I have replaced the other file . I cannot find where to uninstall the module so that I can try reinstalling

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

You do not need to uninstall. In the admin section, go to Awocoupon->installation check and install the core from there.
  • Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

I found it in the components list on the install panel and so was able to uninstall it.

I copied a back up version from my Joomla files of the missing file before installing.

Now it says it has installed correctly.

Thanks.

The instructions that say UNZIP THIS FIRST were confusing to me. I thought I was supposed to install that. If you added "And then install the component" that would make it clear.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

:) I apologize for the confusion. Im glad you got it working.
  • Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

However the control panel for coupons does not reflect the changes. Where am I supposed to find them?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

I am a little confused. What changes is the coupon list supposed to reflect? Within AwoCoupon, you can create new coupons and use them in the front end. The Virtuemart coupon should not be used anymore.
  • Default avatar
    Mackenziella    
     13 years ago

Thanks!