Updated to Version: 1.3.1 Pro, now none of my coupons work

• Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

Seyi, I updated to Version: 1.3.1 Pro late last night, now today none of my coupons or gift certificates work.

I tried using existing coupons and gift certs and none were found.

So I removed my test user from VM and removed any prior coupon uses for that user. I created a new coupon just for that user. Tried to use that coupon and it returned coupon not found.

Help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Neva,

What version did you upgrade from? Go to the installation check page and make sure the core is still installed. Another thing you can try is change the error messages on the configuration page to something identifiable and run the coupons to see why they are failing.
  • Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

Seyi,

I ran the Installation Check and got a lot of red text where a bunch of stuff was not installed. I attempted to re-install, but it came back that it was already installed.

When I did the update last night it said the installation was successful.

Neva

• Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

I believe I updated from v1.2.2.
    I had v1.2.3 downloaded, but I don't think I ever actually installed it. However, of that I am not positive.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Ok, so is it installed or not? Did you get the coupons working. You might have to look at the files to make sure they are there? You can find details in the user_guide.html, troubleshooting section. If you would like me to look at it, please pm me temp ftp/admin access.
  • Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

Seyi,

If I have to uninstall will I lose all my coupons?

Neva
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

yes you would. I do not recommend doing that. I still feel the core is not installed.
  • Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

Not Installed Core (Required) File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_coupon.php
    Required. This injection is the core of AwoCoupon Pro and no coupon code from within AwoCoupon will work without it. A match was not found

Not Installed Add Shipping fields to Coupon Form File: www/components/com_virtuemart/themes/[template_name]/templates/common/couponField.tpl.php
    Optional. Only required if you are using coupons for shipping. This sends the shipping information on coupon entry to AwoCoupon. A match was not found

Not Installed Order Number in Checkout File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php
    Optional. Only required if you want to be able to run reports on coupon usage for customers. This captures the order number of the coupon used. A match was not found

Not Installed Call AwoCoupon on Selection of Shipping File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php
    Optional. Only required if you are using coupons for shipping. This calls the AwoCoupon once a shipper has been selected. A match was not found

Not Installed Display Correct Shipping in Basket File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/basket.php
    Optional. Only required if you are using coupons for shipping. This displays the correct coupon value to the customer. A match was not found

Not Installed Show Shipping Discount in Coupon Display field 1 File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/basket.php
    Optional. This enables the display of shipping discount in the coupon display field. A match was not found

Installed Show Shipping Discount in Coupon Display field 2 File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/ro_basket.php
    Optional. This enables the display of shipping discount in the coupon display field.

Not Installed Retrieve Calculated Shipping from AwoCoupon File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/checkout.index.php
    Optional. Only required if you are using coupons for shipping. This sets the correct amount for shipping that is calculated in AwoCoupon. A match was not found

Installed Sellable Gift Certificates File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_order.php
    Optional. Only required for sellable gift certificates. This triggers a gift certificate event where a code is created and emailed out.
  • Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

File: www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_coupon.php is there.
    It is 10kb and dated 2/13/2011 3:01 AM
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

yes, that is a core virtuemart file. you would need to look inside the file and search for awocoupon.
  • Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

the string awocoupon was not found in ps_coupon.php
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

refer to section 5.1.1 in the user_guide.html, it tells you exactly what you need to put where within that file, since you cant seem to install it through the installation check page.
  • Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

Seyi,

I'll get to work on it right now.

Neva
  • Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

Seyi,

That fixed it! Thanks, thanks, thanks!

I know you don't have to sit around your PC and help someone on Sunday, so I made a 10.00 GBP donation to you.

Thanks again.

Neva
    p.s. Do you have any idea why the core injection failed? I've never had that happen before. It even came back and said the installation was successful.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

thanks for the donation :)

Updating AwoCoupon should not cause this. Did you update virtuemart also? If you did, then the insertions were wiped out by new files. If you update virtuemart, always look on the installation check page to make sure everything is still fine.
  • Default avatar
    neva98    
     13 years ago

Well, now I know. I always make good notes for future reference so it won't happen again.

You know, I had never updated VM since I installed it last summer for fear of breaking its integration with a 3rd party component (e.g. shipping module, payment module, coupon module, etc. ). But when the VM team said v1.1.7 had a security fix, I took a chance and look what happened.

So anytime I update VM I will look at your Check Installation to make sure all is well and if not, then check the website files listed in the AWO Coupon Manual Section 5 to see if any of them were overwritten. Got it.

Neva