[Resolved] Category Gift Certificate

• Default avatar
    madrim    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you for a wonderful product and very helpful forum. I hope my improvement idea is not so pedestrian, but I would love to see Gift Certificate can only be used for certain product or category, similar to your Coupon features at this moment.

I have a project that requires this Gift Certificate to apply to only certain products and while this feature is not on Awocoupon yet. Do you have any advice on how I can implement this idea temporarily while you may be considering my improvement request?

Thank you.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi,

Would it be possible to use a coupon with an amount value in this case? There are only 2 differences between a gift certificate and a coupon of this type:

1) the coupon does not take into account shipping (which seems you would not want it to since you are limiting the products)
    2) the balance is not carried over in a coupon

• Default avatar
    madrim    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately we can't because the project requires to sell Gift Certificate for certain products and that it will automatically record the balance value after use. Therefore buyer will know how much balance he still has on his Gift Certificate. Also, I have problem with the shopping cart still requires user to fill method of payment when Gift Certificate value > Total order. I looked up the forum answer for the coupon value > total order and the fix for round up issue, but none work yet for us. Any advise?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi,

There is no easy solution for this. It can be hardcoded into the process, but creating a user interface to select products that can be used in a gift certificate would be alot of hackish work.

For the payment method still showing up problem: I cannot tell what the problem would be without seeing your website. If you would like me to look at it, please pm me ftp/admin credentials.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

This feature was added in AwoCoupon 2.1.0.