Coupon Code Works Sometimes...

• Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     13 years ago

I'm not sure what's happening but the coupon code seems to be working on and off. I have to enter the code a couple times before it accepts it and once it accepts one it accepts the other. The client also tried and she keeps getting the message below:

"Sorry this coupon code is not available or has expired.
    If you have a coupon code, please enter it below."

The codes are T201102 and T201103 (in case you know which site I'm referring to).

Your prompt assistance is much appreciated as these codes are already given out to customers.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hello, can you give me the full breakdown of how you created the coupon? For example:
    Function type:..
    function type 2:
    published:
    percent or amouint:
    etc etc

I tried the codes on your site, and with certain products it accepts the code but does not show the discount. This tells me you are using vm 1.1.5. The first fix in this post will fix that problem:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/coupon-does-not-work-correclty#comment-311

• Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     13 years ago

Joomla 1.5.22
    Virtuemart 1.1.5

Function type: Coupon
    Function type 2: Product
    Published: Published
    percent or amouint: Amount
    Discount Type: Specific
    Expiry: Never
    Products Applied to: The two first products on the page: CUP and SAP (initals)

I tried it again this morning and it appears to be working fine - not sure what's going on.

The discount shows but it shows after the user clicks on "checkout" and enter their shipping info, ideally I would like it to show before that. I'm assuming the fix you are referring to will do that.

Also, it appears that the code is case sensitive, can I change that? It doesn't accept the code if the letter is not the same case.

Thank you!!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi,

Yes the fix in the link will show the discount on the first page as well. And yes the coupon code is case sensitive, useful for gift certificates if you have those setup. You can certainly remove it by running this sql statement on your database

alter table jos_awocoupon modify coupon_code varchar(32) not null;
  • Default avatar
    MyWorld    
     13 years ago

Thanks. It's working fine now.