I keep getting a - Customer not logged in - message and coupon is not working

• Default avatar
    mikiretter    
     13 years ago

Hello,

I keep getting a "Customer not logged in" message when I view the shopping cart even though I am logged in.

The coupon is for song No. 10 on the following link:
    http://www.elisete.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=ilvm_fly_showroom_mall.tpl&product_id=91&category_id=2&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=40

The coupon code is: oranim

It should give a 100% reduction of price (Free song).

I checked the Installation check page of the coupon component in the admin section and everything seems installed.

Thanks

Miki Retter
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Miki

I did not have this problem. I added song 10 to the shopping cart, registered, logged in, and entered the coupon code. My shopping cart showed the discount.

Maybe there was a problem with your session.
  • Default avatar
    mikiretter    
     13 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I noticed that when a user logs in and then applies the coupon then it works OK.
    When a user chooses a product, tries the coupon, gets a "user not logged in" message and then logs in - In this case the coupon does not work.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Miki

P.s.

I updated the VM to 1.1.6 and suddenly in the Hebrew (Default language) page I get an old store description instead of the new one (That shows correctly in the DB files) - Have you ever come a cross such an issue? I am trying the VM forum but I would love to get additional advice.

Miki
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

So you are saying
    1) add product to cart
    2) try coupon, does not work because not logged in
    3) logs in
    4) try coupon, and still does not work

Is this right? What error are you receiving after step 4? If it is generic, can you change the errors to something more meaningful to help debug this.

Sorry for the vm 1.1.6 problems, I am not familiar with its issues.
  • Default avatar
    mikiretter    
     13 years ago

Hello Seyi,

While trying to solve the issue of not having the store description showing I re-installed things and now the coupons seem to work great!

(No luck with the Joomfish-VM issues yet though).

Thanks

Miki