Cannot get coupon to work till after client logs in

• Default avatar
    jgardiner    
     13 years ago

Getting an error message that says, "Coupon code not found. Please try again."

This happens only if the customer is not logged in. I would love that to be an easy fix but in the meantime can anyone tell me where exactly the config to change the error message actually lives. I canat least let folks know they need to login first. I cannot find it anywhere within Awo Coupon or Joomla or Virtuemart.

Thanks in advance

John
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi John,

Are you using the free version or the pro version? In the free version there is no interface to configure the error messages. It just displays the one default error message from Virtuemart. In the pro version, you would need to go into Awocoupon->Configuration screen to configure it.

Also in the free version there are 2 types of coupons that will require the customer to log in before it can be used
    1) if one or more specific customers are picked when setting up the coupon. In this scenerio, need to verify the customer.
    2) If the function type is set to coupon and the number of uses is more than 0. In this coupon setup, you are saying allow each customer to use the coupon x number of times. So log in is required to verify the user has not used it more than x number of times.

Hope this makes sense
  • Default avatar
    jstiles    
     13 years ago

I had an issue with the std coupon code error message confusing users. It was not specific enough. In many instances all that was needed was a user login so that coupon limits (ie number of uses) could be enforced. But the generic message in the free version does not convey that.

With the Pro upgrade I was able to configure error messages to each error type and now users are able to communicate when users need to login or increase cart amount or whatever to enable the coupon.

I hope the explanation helps others.