Pre-Sales, Buy 3 get 1 free.

• Default avatar
    natebald    
     13 years ago

I have looked through the forums and Read you blog, but just want to make sure this is possible before buying the Pro Version.

Client wants to use a promo, buy 3 get 1 free of a certain category, not product item. There are a bunch of different price points but wants the least expensive one to be free. I believe that Awo can do this but want to be 100% sure. Also does that category need to be published? Can it be hidden? Use case would be for specials to make management easier, add item to category, then use coupon for that category instead of adding each category to the coupon.

Also, just to clarify because sometimes words have different meanings, when you refer to a coupon, is it an actual code that a user will need to enter or can the discount be triggered by an event, again buy 3 get 1 free and the user does not have to enter a code. The second scenario would obviously be better.

Thanks in advance.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hello,

I am not sure what you read but this functionality does not exist. Coupon is a code that the user has to enter, so it cannot be triggered automatically. And buy 3 get 1 free does not exist, you can create this under 1 condition, if all the products are the same price. But as you indicated, they are not.

Hope that clarified things.

[edit] this capability is being looked at for future releases (having the discount as a product instead of monetary value)
  • Default avatar
    mmurray8205    
     13 years ago

Dear Seyi,

We currently use your product and it is fantastic, however we offer at Buy 5 Get 1 Free off a particular product, each has the same price of $19.95. Wwe would like the ability for the cart to reflect either 6 with a discount of $19.95 or 5 at full price with the 6th one being free. Currently we tell our customers that we will include the 6th pack at no cost, but this solution would be fantastic. is this possible to do automatically without a coupon code? Monetary or product discount would be great for us due to our simple situation.

Thanks - Michael
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Michael,

This is doable through a coupon since it is one specific product by using the value definition. With value definitions, you can define discount based on quantity.. So for example buy 3 get 10$/% discount, or buy 5 and get 20$/% discount, etc. So setting in setting up your coupon:

functio type 2: product
    Percent or Amount: amount
    Discount type: specific
    Value definition: Qty: 6 Value: 19.95
    Products section: select the specific product

I believe the above settings will work for what you want. Note, the customer will have to add all 6 to the cart. Please test it.
  • Default avatar
    mmurray8205    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you very much for the reply. This would work, however frequently customers would need to use 2 coupon codes for their purchase to combine an offer such as this along with a 10% coupon, I don't beleve multiple coupons can be accepted. So I was hoping for an automatic solution that did not require a coupon code, but instead automatically discounted the 6th items $19.95 once all 6 are added to the shopping cart. Thoughts?

Thanks - Michael
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

just added parent coupons in version 1.3.0. I believe this would work for this problem.