Please Help. Can't Get Gift Certificates To Send

• Default avatar
    adam94    
     13 years ago

Seyi,

I am having an urgent situation. My project is set to launch today, but I am having a slight issue with Gift Certificates. We have test bought a few gift certificates, but no email is being sent.

To my knowledge, I think I have everything set up properly, but am not 100% sure.

Do you mind helping me for a moment? I think someone with your experience could fix it in a few minutes.

I will be happy to provide you with any info/access that you will need.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

By default the gift certificate is sent when the order status is on the confirmed stage. Is this the case? If you are still having problems, please pm me ftp/admin access and I can look at it.
  • Default avatar
    linda7    
     13 years ago

I am having the same problem.

I have been working on configuring gift certificates. I resolved an earlier problem with shipping charges and then moved on to testing.

When I did my first few tests I received an email that included the Gift Certificate code but NO image.

From the profile page I added the image as a link and I no longer receive the email with the Gift Certificate code.

I have verified that all of my test orders are "confirmed" on the VirtueMart order page and I am receiving the normal site notifications that the purchased have been made.

I tried setting the default profile to each of the profiles that came with the AWO program and still did not receive the notification email

What should I try next?

Linda
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Can you take a look on the installation check page and verify that 'Sellable gift certificates' is installed please?
  • Default avatar
    linda7    
     13 years ago

Yes, Sellable Gift Certificates is installed.
  • Default avatar
    linda7    
     13 years ago

Yes, sellable gift certificates is installed.
  • Default avatar
    linda7    
     13 years ago

Sorry, I seem to be posting out of order - but yes it is installed.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Strange, I am not sure what it could be. Here are some possible problems:
    - If you look on the configuration screen is the order status set to confirmed?
    - Is the www/tmp directory writable?
    - do you have a default profile selected?
  • Default avatar
    linda7    
     13 years ago

Yes - all of the orders are confirmed.

www/tmp directory - not sure what you are referring to - if it is my regular tmp directory it is writable

and Yes I do have a default style selected. Additionally - I have tried each of the profiles as the default without a change.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

I am stumped. If you can give me ftp/admin access I can debug it.
  • Default avatar
    linda7    
     13 years ago

Pleased let me know if you have any questions
  • Default avatar
    dwidoo    
     13 years ago

I think everything is configured properly.

Could you please help me?

D.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hello,

In www/administrator/com_awocoupon/awocoupon.config.php, can you change
    <?php
    define
    ('com_awocoupon_GIFTCERT_TEMP'JPATH_ROOT.'/administrator/tmp');
    ?>

to
    <?php
    define
    ('com_awocoupon_GIFTCERT_TEMP'JPATH_ROOT.'/tmp');
    ?>

And see if that fixes the problem
  • Default avatar
    dwidoo    
     13 years ago

Code is not exactly the same as your quote (all the define are in the ) but I understood the change needed.
    To test if it has fixed the problem, should I change the status of the order from confirmed to cancelled then to confirmed ?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Yes, you can change the status to anything but confirmed and back to confirmed.
  • Default avatar
    dwidoo    
     13 years ago

Perfect, seyi, thank you!

Quick questions :

_is it possible to use more than one gift certificate or coupon for one order?

_if two gift certificates of same amount are ordered (quantity = 2 of the product linked to gift certificate), would your module generate 2 gift certificates and 2 e-mails?

Thanks again for your quick and efficient help.

D
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Great, glad it works.

And yes, if a customer bought a quantity of 2 and/or other gift certificate products, all the gift certificates are generated and sent within the email.
  • Default avatar
    dwidoo    
     13 years ago

Thank you.

What about my first question?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Sorry missed it. No it is not, this is a virtuemart behavior. I am planning to add parent coupons, where you could combine multiple coupons into 1 code.
  • Default avatar
    sandra85    
     8 years ago

This comment has been moved here.