selling gift certificate ptroblem

• Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

Hy Seyi

I've been trying you component this morning and found a bug, apparently ... and a little thing :)

1- the bug :
    My gift certificate are sold through a parent product : children products are from 10 to 500€

I've linked a 10€ gift certificate product to you component, like shown on your documentation, I did a test, and no mails are sent.

Not even order confirmation mail is sent ...

maybe because of that children product thing ...

the payment method was by cheque

2- the little thing
    In my test, I also used a coupon, on all products except already discounted once : this works fine
    but the coupon also applied on the gift certificate ... which is, I thing, not required ...

Except of that, everything seems to wirk fine :)

Ed
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Ed,

The gift certificate email is triggered when an order moves from pending to confirmed or pending to shipped. Is your order still in the pending state? Also if you are not receiving the order confirmation email from virtuemart, that is a little worrying and there might be something wrong in your configuration.

And yes, you are right, coupons work on gift cerificates. 99% of the time you would not want them to, but there might be situations. I will add a checkbox for that.
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

OK, you are right : gift certificate mail is sent when order comes to "payment confirmed"

but the order confirmation email wasn't sent at all, as without using the gift certificate mail feature in other test orders it does work ...

gonna try it again ! :)
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

Hy Seyi,

a little testings later, everything works ok

no mail problem, I don't know what happened the first time I tested ... :)

GREAT ! :)
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

Mmmm

Hy again Seyi,

I've done some more testings, aparently it works fine (create coupon + send email) when I use cheque payment mode.

With cheque payment mode, I change manually the order to payment confirmed, when I receive the cheque.

With credit card payment mode, it passes automatically to confirmed when the bank accept the payment, but with that payment mode, no coupon nor email are created/sent.

Do you have an idea about this ?

Thanks in advance
    Ed
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

what payment processor are you using to automate the confirmation?
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

html formular
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

I am not familiar with that one, and couldn't find anything on google. Is this the payment method selected? It should be something under virtuemart->store->List Payment methods.
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

it's like the paypal method, but instead writing some specific paypal code in the html formular, you write this

<?php

require_once(PAGEPATH."checkout.sips_cc_form.php") ; 
    ?>

which calls other files

its a method that you can find on this site :
    http://www.alatak.net/Voir-details/5-SIPS-d-ATOS-pour-Joomla-1.0-ou-Joomla-1.5-et-VirtueMart-1.1.html
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Thanks Ed. I traced the payment method code, and it looks like they set the current order status to an unconventional code. for example, if the current status is P (pending) and the completed status is C (completed), this payment module gives the currenct order status as P-C, which I think means pending to completed. The gift certificate code is looking for the current status which would be P. This code is not really necessary but just an extra check. I think I will likely take it out in the next release as it seems to cause problems. To fix it now:

www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/virtuemart/ps_awo_giftcert.php, around line 19, change
    <?php
    if( $curr_order_status=="P" && ($d["order_status"]=="C" || $d["order_status"]=="S")) {
    ?>

to

<?php
    if( $d["order_status"]=="C" || $d["order_status"]=="S") {
    ?>

that should fix it
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

Wow ...

I already said that you are the best, you just keep confirming it !!!
    Thanks, i'll test it today
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

Hello Sey,

2 little things :

1- I'm testing your latest version, and am looking at your different hacks you showed me :)
    I've been looking into the gifcert file, it seems you've have change something in this file concerning this problem, do you confirm ?

You don't refer to this in your release details, but it seems you have corrected it already, is it right ?
    --> After testings yes it's right, it works :)

2- Little bug : i've created a gift certificate which exclude gift certificate. When I use a code created after buying a gift certificate, and try to buy a gift certificate, which is forbidden, I get this message :
    "Info : The Value of the Coupon is greater than the current Order Total, so the Coupon Value was temporarily set to 0,00 €"
    and the coupon field still there, meaning is has not been taken into account

- this sentence is not true, the coupon = 10€ = the gift certificate amount
    - why do I get this sentence, as it should say : you can't use this coupon with this product
    - why do this sentence appear in the info tab, in the basket AND in the ajax popup when you select a product
    - where can I translate this sentence ?

--> After more testings, it appears this sentence shows up when I also use an "amount coupon", when order inferior to coupon amount.

When I try with a "normal" product, it works fine

Thanks in advance for you help
    Ed

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

1. is fixed as you checked. you can change the order status where the email is automatically mailed out now in configuration
    2. this is the default behavior for virtuemart. if you enter a coupon where the value of the coupon is greater than what is actually used, then that message is displayed. you can alter the message in
    www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/common/[english].php
    Search for the variable VM_COUPON_GREATER_TOTAL_SETTO
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

thanks,
    'VM_COUPON_GREATER_TOTAL_SETTO'
    modified