Gift certficates improvements

• Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I've got a new improvement idea lately, concerning your great gift certificate feature.

Today, you have an automated email system with a gift certificate linked to a "gift product".

I was thinking to something like this :
    An automated mail with a coupon sent after the first purchase (or after x purchases, where x can be setup). The coupon will be setup through you coupon system, so you can use your actual gift certificate feature like today, but you link it to a coupon, not to an existing product.

What do you think of that ? :)

Ed
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

And an other idea :

Being able to send from the admin coupon interface emails to a list of existing customers or shopper groups, and creating the coupon codes (or gift certificates) on the fly !
    The coupon parameters would be as today : amount or %, validity period etc

That would be great ! :)

Ed
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

Hello Seyi

Are these ideas not interesting ?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Ed,

These are certainly good ideas. But right now, I have to prioritize development. My main focus is developing html emails for gift certificates. Your ideas can probably be accomplished with the help of acymailing. There is a plugin for Awocoupon which generates coupons automatically. I think you can use a campaign to accomplish this, please take a look at this documentation:

http://www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/117-acymailing-campaign.html?affid=7727

It might not be exact, but I think it is close. When things slow down a little, I will certainly review the items here in the suggestion box and develop as needed.
  • Default avatar
    edouard    
     13 years ago

Hy Seyi

I'm actually using acajoom pro, is it worth migrating on acymailing ?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

probably not. I am not familiar with acajoom pro. acymailing has a free version. it is at least worth checking out.