Percentage Discount on products excluding Shipping?

• Default avatar
    christopher    
     13 years ago

I hope this is an easy one. I am using AWO Pro and when using a percentage coupon is discounts the product and shipping. What i would like is to discount only the products and not shipping, is it possible to setup the coupon this way?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Chris, I just did some testing and the percentage coupons do not take into account shipping. Can you give me more information? How do you have your cart setup? What do you use for shipping? Alternatively, if you would like to send me a private message with credentials to look at your site, I can do that too.
  • Default avatar
    christopher    
     13 years ago

Seyi,

I figured out this problem but found a different one. The issue with the shipping discount was because it was a Virtuemart coupon, I switched the coupon to an AWO coupon and it discounted properly.

But now I found an issue with tax. everything looks great untill the last page where the user verifies and confirms the order. On the last page it adds an additional discount based on the tax amount.

example:

Order total of $159.80
    tax of $9.59

apply a coupon for 10% off
    coupon discount is $15.98 and tax changes to $8.63. This is all correct

On shipping address selection page it stays the same
    On shipping/payment method page it says the same.
    On step 3 where you confirm the order it changes to a coupon discount of $16.94. It is taxing the original total and original tax amount and creating the discount. The tax amount changes to $8.57. So it is doing something different just on that final page. Orders without tax do not have any issue.

Thanks again,
    Chris
    www.consolecustoms.com
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

that is a strange error.

I believe the final confirm page uses this page for the calculations:
    www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/ro_basket.php

It might be worth reloading that file from your virtuemart install. If you do that rerun the installation check in AwoCoupon. Also are you using the discount before tax setting?