Selling Gift Certificates

• Default avatar
    clive4    
     13 years ago

I can't get the new feature to work, despite following all the instructions.

I get confirmation of my purchase, as usual, but I receive no generated code.

Also, the From (name) and From (e-mail) fields in the config. screen do not save.

Great feature, potentially.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Clive, lets work this one at a time and try to get the codes generated.

The codes are generated when an order moves from the 'Pending' state to 'Confirmed' or 'Shipping'. In most live sites, this would happen automatically through paypal or some credit card processing. In your test environment, are you also running through these scenerios, or is the order created in the 'Pending' status. If the order is in the pending status, then go into Virtuemart order list and move the order to 'Completed' or 'Shipped' manually. This will trigger the gift certificate event.
  • Default avatar
    clive4    
     13 years ago

I have made several test purchases using my c/c.

I receive confirmation of my order from Virtuemart (Pending then Conf) and from Paypal, but nothing else.

Have checked back end - no coupon has been created.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Ok, on the installation check screen, is sellable gift certificate installed?
  • Default avatar
    clive4    
     13 years ago

Yes.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

please send me a privete message with credentials to look at your dev site, front end and back end to see if we can get this resolved.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Ok, this issue has been fixed in the latest version 1.2.1, as well as the from name/email saving. There were some variables not set within paypal ipn that is needed in the gift certificate logic. These variables have been retrieve another way and you should now be able to generate auto gift certificates after upgrading.

Thanks for reporting the issue.
  • Default avatar
    clive4    
     13 years ago

Everything now works fine.

Thanks for your speedy response.