Blank screen when trying to create a new coupon. AWOCoupon Pro

• Default avatar
    christopher    
     13 years ago

Joomla 1.5.18
    Virtuemart 1.1.4

I recently installed AWO Coupon Pro originally it was 1.0.1 and I could do everything in component except add a new. When clicking add a new coupon I am just taken to a blank white screen, no errors. tryied to refresh, clear cache and still nothing. I left it alone and just noticed a new version is available so I logged in today and downloaded. I removed and installed the new version but I still have the same issue.

Please help, I nee to setup some product specific coupons for a labor day sale.

Thank you,
    Chris

www.consolecustoms.com
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hmm, a blank screen? There has to be a php error, its just not being displayed on the page.

Can you go to www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/admin.awocoupon.php and add
    <?php
    error_reporting
    (E_ALL);
    ?>

sonewhere at the top, after the
    then reload the new coupon page and see if it gives an error.
  • Default avatar
    christopher    
     13 years ago

Same thin in Firefox. In IE I am getting an internal server error (500) but no other additional information.

I can setup some credentials for you if you need to take a look yourself.

Thank you,
    Chris
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

yes, i would like to. you can send me a private message with the info.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

After reviewing the installation, it seems you do not have the default flex module installed. AwoCoupon Pro makes the assumption that you do, and requires a specific file, which you do not have, causing the page to die in errors. This is a problem in version 1.1.0 and below. For the fix, 3 files have to be edited.

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/models/asset.php around line 86, change
    <?php
    require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/flex.cfg.php';
    $o['flex'][] = (object) array(

'dbshipper_id'=>'flex-1',

'shipper_string'=>JText::_('FLAT RATE').': '.FLEX_BASE_AMOUNT,
            );
    ?>

to
    <?php
    if(file_exists(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/flex.cfg.php')) {
        require_once 
    JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/flex.cfg.php';

);
    }
    ?>

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/models/assets.php around line 118, change
    <?php
    require_once JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/flex.cfg.php';
    ?>

to
    <?php
    if(file_exists(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/flex.cfg.php')) {
        require_once 
    } else 
    define('FLEX_BASE_AMOUNT',0);
    ?>

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/models/coupon.php around line 164, change
    <?php

$o = array();

);
    ?>

to
    <?php
    $o 
    = array();
    if(
    file_exists(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/flex.cfg.php')) {
        require_once 

);
    }
    ?>