Help. Coupon code not found. Please try again.

• Default avatar
    jacob4    
     13 years ago

Hi AWO,

Just installed the AWO Coupon Pro module and realized the coupon codes are not working.
    Everytime i try to enter a valid coupon code, i get the error message:

Coupon code not found. Please try again.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

hi, one way to figure out what error you are getting is to change the errors. within the dashboard, go to the configuration page, and enter more friendly errors there. by doing that, it is easier to figure out what is happening.
  • Default avatar
    jacob4    
     13 years ago

Hi seyi,

I've changed all of the error messages in the configuration section to something different for each error type.
    None has the error message configured to "Coupon code not found. Please try again", but this is the error message i am getting when i try to use one of the coupon codes i created in AWO

i have tried to use a different coupon code which was created in virtuemart's coupon module and it works.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

It sounds like AwoCoupon's install for virtuemart was not entered. On the dashboard, can you click on the installation link. Is everything installed there?
  • Default avatar
    jacob4    
     13 years ago

Thanks Seyi,

Your guidance to the problem was excellent. I did find 3 components were not installed, mainly because of some hacks done previously to the ps_checkout and ps_coupon files.

Have fixed these and now the component works!
    Many thanks and yes, highly recommend this component for everyone, just what virtuemart needed and should have by default!
  • Default avatar
    juan thomas    
     13 years ago

I purchased your component yesterday and everything installed just fine ... but I have one problem ... on the optional fields box if the option for "number of uses" is "per costumer" the coupons don't work and they are not applied.......they work just fine if the option "total" is selected i have tried different numbers and still doesnt work.

Please help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

If you select a number of uses of "per customer", then you would need to be logged in for it to apply, otherwise, you would get 'coupon not found'. This is because we have to track the usage per user. you can change the error displayed by going to the configuration screen off the dashboard, and changing the error message for not logged in error to something more friendly, like 'please log in to use this coupon'.
  • Default avatar
    juan thomas    
     13 years ago

oh great, it makes sense. I love your extension and i will make sure i post positive feedback on joomla.

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

:) thanks
  • Default avatar
    gareth    
     12 years ago

I am getting the same error. I was using the free version at first and this was happening so I purchased the PRO version but it is still happening. I've checked the dashboard and everything seems to be installed correctly but the coupon code is not recognised. I've also changed error messages but the message remains as "Coupon code not found. Please try again."

I've also installed this on our development server so I'm now concerned about the licence. Will we be able to transfer this to the live site when we launch?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Did you view the installation check page? It sounds to me like the core is not installed. And yes, transfering will not be a problem, just send us an email with details.
  • Default avatar
    gareth    
     12 years ago

Hi - yes - everything says installed
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hmm, that is strange. If you changed all the error messages and are still receiving the default message, it would seem that the core is not installed. Can you verify it by actually viewing the file? If you like me to look at it, please pm me admin/ftp access.
  • Default avatar
    gareth    
     12 years ago

That would be awesome. To be fair this is a custom template and I'm not 100% sure if the developers managed to screw this part of the development. Appreciate any help you can offer. PM to follow.

Thanks
  • Default avatar
    gareth    
     12 years ago

Sorry to be a pain but I think the error message was cached. I'm now seeing the error associated with 'Customer not logged in' and if I log in it works :) However, how do I set it up so the customer does not have to be logged in to use the coupon?

Thanks again
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

great, glad you found the problem. There are 2 situations where customer is required to log in
    - if you select a user/shopper group
    - if you set the number of uses per customer

In both cases, the user has to log in to verify they belong to the group/ are the user/ or have not used the coupon too many times.
  • Default avatar
    gareth    
     12 years ago

OK - I've got it set to number of uses per customer so I guess I tailor the error message to say they should apply the discount at checkout?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Yes, or something like, please log in to use this coupon.
  • Default avatar
    tatiana.c    
     12 years ago

Hi Seyi, I've installed the AwoCoupons software but even though I've checked the previous answers I can't figure out the solution. The codes entered at VirtueMart do work but not the Awo ones. It's possible that some files have been previously hacked but I'm not sure since I'm just doing some maintainance on this site but I didn't make it.

Thanks very much in advance!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Hello,

Ftp into the website and take a look at the injection to verify it is there:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-virtuemart#Installation-2
  • Default avatar
    tatiana.c    
     12 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've done that and it's correct. It there a way to take a look at a complete example with all the files that are installed together with AWO Coupons to check what is different to my site and may cause the component not to work?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

are you using the pro version? If so look at awocoupon->installation check page for a status of the edits.