How to create a shipping coupon which does not require a method to be selected first

• Default avatar
    jacob4    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi,

How can I create a shipping coupon, which gives free shipping or a percent discount, without the customer selecting a shipping method first?
    If the coupon is only percentage based or free, i am sure the shipping method then becomes irrelevant.

The reason for this is, i have hidden the basket on all of the checkout pages except step 1, to reduce visual clutter which some of my customers earlier said was too confusing. no basket means no coupon field to enter in steps 2 and 3.

Thanks
    Jacob
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

here is a solution:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/awocoupon-pro-shipping-coupon-error#comment-110
  • Default avatar
    jacob4    
     13 years ago

Ok, i've made the changes from that forum thread you sent, and yes, you can now enter the coupon code before selecting the shipping method

however, in the coupon component, i am unable to highlight the shipping method that i would like to include for the shipping coupon i have created, so i have left everything unhighlighted and unchecked, but this seems to create a 2nd problem:

upon trying to enter that coupon code during the checkout process, it says "no valid shipping selected for this coupon" even though i am in step 3 and have selected the shipping method*

*in my website, i only have 1 option for shipping, which is "standard" under the Australia Post shipping module

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi Jacob,

The austrialian post shipping module (auspost.php) is not supported. Just the Standard shipping module and the flex shipping module. This is why you are getting the 'no valid shipping selected'. i will take a look at adding it in the next update of the software, which will probably not be for a couple of weeks.