Customer prompt messages?

• Default avatar
    carolyn    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi,

What a wonderful component. I invested in the AwoCoupon pro and am not disappointed at all. It is very well thought out and has amazing options.

I have a question about whether I should be seeing prompt messages for the customer if they do not meet the minimum for the coupon that they entered?

I see the error description list in the AWOcoupon configuration, but I do not see any of these messages when I don't meet the minimum. I was wondering what might be blocking them from showing. I have "enable virtuemart coupons as 'No'" - I think that is correct?

My site = Joomla 1.5.20, Virtuemart 1.1.4 using Rockettheme Refraction template on Siteground hosting. www.featheredfowl.com

Thanks for a great component.

Carolyn
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Thanks for the great comment. AwoCoupon is a product of the community and all the users who have had great suggestions and pointed out bugs.

Back to your problem:
    You should receive an error message if the minimum order is not reached. I just tested it to verify. What error message are you receiving instead? Or are you not seeing any error messages at all? If so, it might have been taken out of the template you are using for Virtuemart.
  • Default avatar
    carolyn    
     13 years ago

I cannot see any error messages at all.

The Virtuemart theme is 'default'

Category template is 'browse_4'

Flypage is flypage_images_tpl

I don't "see" any Awo error prompts whether I am logged in or not.

Thanks for your time!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Ok, the file that will display an error if you enter an invalid coupon is this:
    www/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/common/couponField.tpl.php

it should contain this code
    <?php
    if( !empty($GLOBALS['coupon_error']) ) {
        echo 
    vmGet($GLOBALS'coupon_error''')."
    "
    ;
    }
    ?>

If that statement is there, then when you enter an invalid coupon code (with AwoCoupon installed or not), you should see this error message within your cart:
    "Coupon code not found. Please try again."

• Default avatar
    carolyn    
     13 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for the response.

The code you specified is in the file. Is it possible that the messages are not showing as I have a dark themed template on this site?

Thanks for your help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hi,

I was just on your website. After entering a coupon code and pressing enter, the returned page is blank. I do not think the dark template is the problem. It should show the basket along with any errors returned from the coupon code. If you look at the title field of the returned page, it does say "Cart", so it is coming back but something is blocking the rendering of the contents somewhere. This will need to be debugged at the php level, there is not enough information from reading the rendered html tags. Im sorry i could not be of more help. If you would like me to take a look at it, please contact me privately.