Buy One Get One 50% off and the likes

• Default avatar
    jb    
     13 years ago

First of all I would like to thank you for the great script.

I am trying to find a way to make a coupon code were I can make ALL products "buy one get one 50% off". The store in question will only have a handful of products

I have found a way to do this using your extension, but the problem is that is requires a separate coupon code for every product unless I am missing something.

The way I set this up was to use the following parameters:

Total
    Value = 1/2 product price
    Minimum = 2 times the product price.

Again this works great, the only problem is due to the fact that I am using totals, I have to advertise many different coupons for many different products due to varying pricing.

Do you have any suggestions, or could some custom development achieve this? This is for a business project so I have no problem contributing to your efforts and back to the open source community if you have any ideas on how we can get this to work with your script. I have found countless forums and posts looking for the same functionality, but still no solution for this type of coupon in Virtuemart to my knowledge, either in the core or extensions.

Regards,

Joe
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

this is a tough one, i thought about it and i cannot see any easy fix. the only thing i can think of is to make a coupon code that groups all of your current coupon codes together. This will obviously require custom coding. So entering this grand coupon code will just check every other coupon code grouped under it and see if it applies. I can already see problems though with your current setup. For example if a customer buys 4 of product A, they should get 2 at full price and the other 2 at half price right? This is not covered with your current setup, and I really do not see how you could cover it with awocoupon at the moment. If you would like my assistance in dealing with this issue, send me a private message.

Seyi