Values, Coupons

• Default avatar
    Elynn    
     8 years ago

HI,

Firstly, I would like to know if my product is under , and my theme is actually buy X and get Y at $1 (MSRP $100). So the value under coupon details I should fill in $1 or $99?

Secondly, if I have 2 promotion packages which first one is buy X and get $10 coupon, in which the coupon can only be used in next purchase and it is applicable in buying second package. And my second package is buy X and get $5 coupon in which coupon can only be used in next purchase and also is applicable in buying first package. My question is, if my customers bought first package and got his $10 coupon and he'd like to use the $10 on second package, can the second package's $5 be generated to him OR he bought second package and got his $5 and would like to use on buying first package, so when buying the first package, will another $10 generated to him? If yes, how can I do it?

Thanks

Regards,
    Elynn
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

If you are discounting $99, then fill in $99 as the value.

For the second question, I am having problems understanding it. How did you setup the buy x get $10 coupon in the mail? Are you using the gift certificate function? If so, then it does not matter if customer pays with a coupon or money, they would receive the $5 coupon.
  • Default avatar
    Elynn    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

For the second question, imagine, I am doing thanksgiving sales whereby product A and B are in the sales:

1. Buy product A and you will get $10 (The $10 voucher can be used to buy product B, C, D or E)
    2 Buy product B and you will get $5 (The $5 voucher can be used to buy product A, C, D or E)

I would like to know for the above rewards (Buy product and get $ voucher), which is the most suitable function?

Another thing I am concerning about is that, if my customer buy product A, automatically they will get $10 right? Then now they gonna use the $10 voucher to buy product B. So as mentioned, buying product B they will get $5. I would like to know if this situation happens whereby "Buy A Get $10 and use the $ buy B and get $5", is there a function for this?

Please let me know if you need further explanation in understanding. Thank you for helping!

Regards,
    Elynn
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Ok, for your promotion, you can use the gift certificate function of AwoCoupon:
    https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

There you can set product A and product B as a gift certificate. The thing about using the gift certificate function is if a customer purchases for example 3 product A's then they would receive 3 different coupons of $10 each in the email.

For the second question, I believe what you are asking is if customer adds both product A and B to the cart, you want them to get both a $10 and a $5 coupon? Yes, this would happen. Lets say customer adds 3 products A's and 2 product B's. Then in an email they would receive 5 coupons where 3 are for $10 and 2 are for $5.

Does that answer the question?
  • Default avatar
    Elynn    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Do you mean the gift certificate that worth $X will be entitled upon purchase of the promotion package? Is that mean that if I pay $100 for product A and I receive $10 as cash voucher. On the second day visit, I can buy the product B (cost price $200) with the $10 whereby I only have to pay $290 and I am entitled another $5 for buying product B? So, this is the gift certificate function right? The system will automatically deduct $10 on my purchase of product B right?

May I know how will the coupon code be sent to the customers? As for my understanding, it will be sent via email which is auto-generated. Please let me know if I am right.

I look forward to hearing from you. Just in case I am still confused on this, I would call you at +44 7507986836. Please let me know when it would be a good time to contact you.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Elynn
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Correct. With the gift certificate function, you can set it up so that the couopon sent is a gift certificate or even a normal coupon.

Product A, you set up as a gift certificate product, where customer receives a normal coupon or gift voucher of $10.

Product B, you set up as a gift certificate product, where customer receives a normal coupon or gift voucher of $5.

To answer your specific questions using the above configuration:

Is that mean that if I pay $100 for product A and I receive $10 as cash voucher.
    =========> yes

On the second day visit, I can buy the product B (cost price $200) with the $10 whereby I only have to pay $290 and I am entitled another $5 for buying product B?
    =========> you only pay $190 and customer receives voucher of $5 in mail

So, this is the gift certificate function right? The system will automatically deduct $10 on my purchase of product B right?
    =========> not automatically, the customer would have to enter the coupon code emailed to them to receive the discount

May I know how will the coupon code be sent to the customers? As for my understanding, it will be sent via email which is auto-generated. Please let me know if I am right.
    =========> yes, correct, the coupon code is automatically sent via email, when the order status is confirmed (the order status it sends on is configurable)

• Default avatar
    Elynn    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Now I've got all cleared! Thank you very much! Have a nice day!

Regards,
    Elynn