AWO ACL control on admin side?

• Default avatar
    cpaschen    
     8 years ago

We've been using AWL Coupon Pro for a couple/few years now and it's been working fine.
    However, our web team has grown and we now need to have better admin-side access control to various components.

We've gotten everything set-up using the core Joomla admin-side permissions; however, AWO Coupon Pro doesn't appear to have any ACL settings.

Am I missing something?

How can we control what users have access to AWO?

We don't need anything 'fine-tuned', just AWO Coupon or not.

We're especially 'stuck' because the way the Joomla admin ACL is designed is to set all to deny by default and add permission only to those who need it. But because there isn't any ACL available within AWO the menu isn't even visible to anyone other than SuperUser.

Is it there and I'm missing it?

If not - how can I get access to just specific users?

(I'm capable with php and basic Joomla coding so I'm ok with creating template overrides to allow this if needed.)
  • Default avatar
    cpaschen    
     8 years ago

OK ... it appears that the functionality is there. AWO Coupon is just missing the 'options' button.

For anyone else looking for this just open up the configuration pane (GLOBAL CONFIGURATION from the main Joomla menu), then select AWO Coupon from the components list on the left side.
    You can then set the general access permissions for AWO Coupon.

NOTE: This is based on Joomla 3.4.x