Buy 3 Get 1 Free with different prices..

• Default avatar
    travis8    
     8 years ago

I have a cart setup with products with several price points. We need to setup a coupon to buy 3 get one free, but for the cheapest product in the cart to be free..even if they add 12 products the ones that are free should be the cheapest ones. I saw a few old post relating to this issue but didn't see any resolution. Please let me know if this is possible.

Example:
    Customer buys
    A) 129.99
    B) 109.99
    C) 79.99
    D) 109.99

The 79.99 should always be the free item.

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

You can use the buy x get y function, set process type to lowest value and and max discount qty to 1. You can see an explanation of each field here;
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-pro/coupons
  • Default avatar
    travis8    
     8 years ago

Question: With this method and a max discount of 1, will the customer still be able to buy 3 get 1 free..buy 6 get 2 free..buy 12 get 4 free. Is the max discount per group of buy x get x free?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

If you set it to 1, then they can buy 3 and get 1 free max. If you set it to 2, then they can buy 6 and get 2 free max...etc
  • Default avatar
    travis8    
     8 years ago

When I tried to set this, it doesn't work with the following parameters:

Coupon Code: BuyThreeGetOneFree
    Published: Published
    Percent or Amount: Percent
    Value: 0
    Process: Lowest Value

Doesn't work, even when I tried changing the Percent or Amount: to Amount or the Value to a number or percentage.

I have a few price points. 79.95 | 109.95 and 129.95 .. I always want the cheapest of the any 4 selected items to be free.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

For free item, your value should be 100%, not 0.