Shipping choice not applying coupon

• Default avatar
    brendon0    
     9 years ago

I'm having a similar problem to this post and can't seem to resolve it:

https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/awo-coupon-shipping-choice-does-not-apply-redshop

What I'd like is an automatic 10% coupon to be applied when the user selects "Local Pickup" as their payment option. I would also like to include it within a "Highest Value" parent coupon so that the customer can't double up with some of the other order total and shopper group coupons we have running.

I tried to get this set up, but the coupon doesn't seem to be applied when the user selects that shipping option. Here are some further details:

AWO Coupon version -> 2.3.3.1 Pro
    RedShop version -> 1.3.3.1
    Joomla verson -> 2.5.27
    One Step Checkout -> Yes
    Default shipping -> Fixed amount based on the customer's Postal Code, with an option to choose "Local Pickup" instead whereby the shipping charge changes to 0.00. When choosing this option, the shipping charge and order total are updated automatically via AJAX without refreshing the page.
    Browser -> Chrome

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brendon
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

I think I missread your post initially as I could not produce a problem with shipping discounts. What you actually want to do is give a 10% discount on the shopping cart if customer selects the shipping option 'local pickup'?

You can do this, but you would not be able to add it within a parent coupon, because it requires a parent coupon to do it.

To create the discount:

Coupon A: shipping coupon where you select local shipping, with a discount value of 0
    Coupon B: product coupon with discount value of 10%
    Coupon C: parent coupon where you combine coupons A and B and set process type to 'Only if all apply'
  • Default avatar
    brendon0    
     9 years ago

Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for clearing that up. We would definitely love to see the ability to include a shipping coupon within another parent coupon in a future version if possible. I'll let my client know that this is currently not possible though.

Cheers,

Brendon