Can I manually reduce the balance on a gift certificate if a customer buys a product in a real shop with the certificate?

• Default avatar
    niamh4    
     9 years ago

I am setting up an online shop using Hikashop and selling Gift Certificates with AWO Coupon Pro.
    All seems to be setup correctly and working well, thanks to good documenation! I've also used the forum to find answers to some questions I had.

However, we have physical shops and a customer might come in to purchase an item and want to use their voucher in the shop. Is it possible to manually update the balance left on a card when they purchase in a shop? I have searched the forum and tried to do it in the backend but no luck.

I think this would be a very useful feature if possible.
    Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Yes you can. In admin go to awocoupon->history of uses->coupons and select 'new'. There you can enter the coupon code and how much was discounted.
  • Default avatar
    niamh4    
     9 years ago

Thanks Seyi!
    Yes that worked, just one issue. Of course in real life I will not let them redeem more than the value of the gift certificate but the system allows me to enter a value greater than the balance remaining. A small issue but possibly could be included in a future release?
    Thanks again
    Niamh
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hi,

Will look into adding that in the next update.
  • Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     4 years ago

I can't seem to get this to work with gift certificate balances. Under History of Uses, I can see the coupon code I am trying to reduce (Gift Certificate Balance) but if I press "Add New" and try to enter in that same code to the form it is not available. If I enter it manually it says "enter a valid value". Am I missing something? The code has been used on a previous transaction, but a balance remains.
  • Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     4 years ago

Also, is there any way to deactivate a Gift Certificate balance without deleting it? We are using this to allow employees to make company paid purchases. In addition to needing to reduce the balance occasionally, there are times we would like to disable the ability to use the balance without clearing the remaining balance or deleting the use history. 

Thank you - great componet!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

I have sent you a private message with a download that should allow you to add customer balance to the coupon history.

For your second question, you can disable the gift certificate balance globally in awocoupon > configuration > awocoupon balance.

But you cannot disable it for an individual.
  • Default avatar
    dustin_j    
     4 years ago

Thank you. Download works great! 

Are there any plans to allow restrictions for gift certificate balances? It would be nice to be able to auto-expire them or restrict to categories.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

In awocoupon > configuration > awocoupon balance, you can restrict categories/shippings that balances can be used on globally.