Cannot use coupon after upgrade to Prestashop 1.6

• Default avatar
    bryanlam    
     9 years ago

After i upgrade to Prestashop 1.6 , the coupon of Awocoupon i created could not use.It showed an error message 'The voucher does not exist' everytime i used the coupon code . Then i found a solution from the forum by deleting the class_index.It works but the error message keep coming back after sometime. I have to try out the coupon everyday to see if it is working.And other problems like can't minify html, can't smart cache javascript and can't use the overall caching system. Please advise.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Are you saying that the voucher works sometimes and sometimes does not?

Can you also verify the overrides? It can be found here:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-pro/installation

Prestashop tab.

Lastly, if you are seeing the error "The voucher does not exist" then AwoCoupon is not being called at all. This is the default error message for Prestashop.
  • Default avatar
    aik_wah    
     9 years ago

Hello seyi,

The override files are there. It will work if we delete the cache/class_index.php.
    It won't work if we turn cache on and minify html and javascript.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

That does not make sense. Processing of the coupons is done server side, and really has nothing to do with client side scripts such as html and javascript.

On a test server I have:
    Prestashop 1.6.0.6
    - Smart cache for CSS: yes
    - Smart cache for JavaScript: yes
    - Minify HTML: yes
    - Compress inline JavaScript in HTML: yes
    - Use cache: yes (file system)

And coupons are still working fine.

Maybe you can debug by only testing one of the performance parameters at a time, and see if there is one specific causing the problem?
  • Default avatar
    julien73    
     9 years ago

This comment has been moved here.