vmError: Unrecognised mathop in calculation rule found, seems you created this rule with plugin not longer accesible

• Default avatar
    aaron4    
     10 years ago

Hi There

I've installed AWO coupon pro all seems fine with the install however when I try to use the coupon I've created
    (a basic 25% disc to all products and 1 shopper group) The cart accepts the coupon applies the discount by returns
    the following error warnings

vmError: Unrecognised mathop in calculation rule found, seems you created this rule with plugin not longer accesible (deactivated, uninstalled?)

I previously has the free version of AWOcoupon installed but just to try to resolve uninstalled everything and reinstalled pro
    as mentioned above all successfully but still have the same error being returned

HELP PLEASE I'm not a programmer and out of my depth on this on e
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

As I understand it, vmerrors are only displayed to users who have admin access to Virtuemart, so a normal user should not see it.

Ok, so for the error, what Version of Virtuemart is this? Also do you have any calculation rules in virtuemart set? If so what are they? In AwoCoupon do you have 'calculate discount before tax' set to yes?

• Default avatar
    aaron4    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi

Good to know users should not see it I'll setup a test user account to check, the user group that use the code do have higher
    site privileges so will need to check what is seen

I'm using the following

VM 2.0.24c
    Joomla 2.5.16
    PHP 5.3.27

Only Calculation rules are TAX (vat @20%) and shipping using the Standard VM weight country calculator (2 options above and below 1kg shipments)

AWOCoupon - calculate discount before Tax is set to "No" which is correct for this requirement

Any thoughts

A

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

AwoCoupon does create a vmcalculation to account for vat tax but that should never be called in the function that triggers this error.

In you calculation rules, you said you have a vat 20% tax and what else? I dont understand the second rule, is it a plugin? If so if you disable it temporarily and try the coupon is the error still there?

If you like me to look at it directly please pm me temporary admin access.
  • Default avatar
    aaron4    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi

Would really appreciate your help have emailed admin access

Thanks

Aaron
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, took a look, and what I noticed is if you unpublish the calculation rule you do not receive that error. In your calculation rule, I noticed you were selecting all manufacturers, categories, shopper groups etc. So I disabled that calculation rule and built a new one. Since selecting none is the same a selecting all, I did not make any of the selections you did. And when using the coupon code in the front end now, I do not receive that error. I would guess that there was something off with that calculation rule and just creating a new one would fix the problem. Test it out and see.
  • Default avatar
    aaron4    
     10 years ago

Will do

Thanks for the awesome support really appreciate it

A