{recipient_message} Prestashop

• Default avatar
    kent73    
     10 years ago

Hi forum,

I can't get the {recipient_message} to show up in my gift emails. Is this a known issue?

I am working with Prestashop. The recipient name and email show up correctly.

I have 3 custom fields attached to the product. The label for the {recipient_message} field is: Recipient Message.

The recipient message makes it to my shopping (I see it under product details) .... it just doesn't seem to get pulled in to my emails.

Does anyone have any thoughts/tips/hints for why this could be?

Thanks,
    Kent
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello Kent,

It should be working if you entered the tag correctly in the template. Maybe there is a problem with the setup? Verify that the customization field id for messages is correctly entered in the gift certificate configuration.
  • Default avatar
    kent73    
     10 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I have tried everything to get this work, but still have not had any luck. I have sent you a message. Would you possibly be able to have a look?

Thanks for any help.
    Kent
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello Kent,

Thanks for the access. I took a look and see that on every gift certificate you have the same id's for the custom field. This is wrong as each product will generate new id's for the custom fields. The details of how to find the custom field id's is mention in the blog:
    https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

Under Prestashop tab, "Product’s custom fields – recipient details" Section.

I have already updated your gift certificates so it should work fine now.
  • Default avatar
    kent73    
     10 years ago

Hello Seyi,

Sorry to keep on this but I am struggling to figure this out. I re-read your instructions and you say:

"There is no easy way to retrieve the id's of the custom fields. There are 2 ways I know of - right click each field in Google Chrome and 'inspect element'"

So, when I inspect the custom field element, I see the following:

<input type="text" name="label_1_14_1" value="Recipient's Name" style="float: left">

Does that mean that the ID is "14"? Is that the number that I need?

Thanks,
    Kent
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Yes, that is correct.