Virtuemart order item cancellation and Coupon Balance

• Default avatar
    simon82    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Okay, We've run into this peculiar issue with regards to cancelling line items on an order that has had it's entire price handled by the gift cert. If we cancel Items on the order, when the order item status change is confirmed the the total is set to what the price would have been had the coupon balance not been used on the purchase, but at the same time the user's balance does not change to reflect this. Cancelling the full order works as intended, however, which leaves us wondering is there something that we can do with order item cancellation to ensure that it works properly.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

AwoCoupon does not look at each line item, so changing that in Virtuemart would not affect the balance in AwoCoupon.  For those situations you would need to manually modify.
  • Default avatar
    simon82    

Okay, so does that mean that we would also need to adjust the balance on the order itself to make sure that it displays the proper amount? Because when we edit it line by line it no longer accurately reflects what the customer Paid for with the balance, because when we did the line by Line it ended up looking like this : It looks like they where charged the full fee, but they still were not charged for these classes.Total is big Issue Any Idea how we can keep the total fee accurate
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Yes.  I have tested this on a Virtuemart 3.2.13 site without AwoCoupon installed.  I added a normal coupon and checked out.  Then when to adjust the order in the backend and checked the calculate button.  It does not take the coupon into account.  So this is a Virtuemart issue.
  • Default avatar
    simon82    

seyi @ Mar 30, 2018, 11:43:53 AM
    [...] woCoupon installed.  I added a normal coupon and checked out.  Then when to adjust the order in the backend and checked the calculate butto [...]
    Thank You, I'll take this part up with them

Unfortunately, I have been unable to grab the attention of the devs on the forum with this issue. Would you be able to get into contact with them about this?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Dont think so.  There is not much focus on backend order editing in Virtuemart.  If this is something that is important to you, I believe there is an extension that works well for backend ordering, virtuemart invoice i believe.