Gift Card no need shipment, how to bypass it?

• Default avatar
    acuaweb    
     6 years ago

I created a gift card to buy. The checkout still shows the step of selecting the shipment, but being a coupon code sent by email would be better that there was not a choice of shipping because this could be confusing. Is there a way to define that gift cards must bypass shipments during checkout?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

Gift cards are just products within your store, so this would have to be a feature of the shopping cart to by pass shipping of a product.  In Virtuemart, I do not think this feature exist.  AwoCoupon did create a shipping methods specifically for gift certificates.  You can add it and call it something like 'free for gift cards'.  If only gift certificates are in the cart, then it will show, if there are no gift certificates or a mixture of gift certificates and normal products it will not show.
  • Default avatar
    acuaweb    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

seyi @ Jan 20, 2018, 3:26:47 AM
    [...] AwoCoupon did create a shipping methods specifically for gift certificates.  You can add it and call it something like 'free for gift cards'.  [...]

YES, I saw this and in fact I used this.

I did not realize that in fact, in every type of payment I had created, in the CONFIGURATION tab, you can select the categories in which to invalidate the shipment you are configuring.

Thanks, the problem is solved.

• Your avatar
    a92048    
     a year ago

Hello Seyi,

Thank you for your great extension for VirtueMart!
    I found this old thread when I was searching for free shipping for gift vouchers. I also found this thread
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/gift-certificate-2#post12100

1. I created this shipping method, and the shipping method is still displayed alongside the "free" Awocoupon one. I am using the default VirtueMart weight_countries method. Is there any specific setting for the VirtueMart product "gift certificate" to work properly? At the moment, this product has no weight or dimension.

2. I would have save time if this information was in the Documentation section. I know that it is sometimes difficult to keep up-to-date. But I learnt that if a question repeat itself in the forum or support ticket, it needs to be added in the official documentation ;-)

3. The shipment method AwoCoupon doesn't have the option to not select a shipping logo/file: one can only select a file, or index.html, causing a display issue.
    I had the same issue with my own plugin. And actually by using similar options in the VM default plugin
    plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/weight_countries.xml
    it should fix the issue
    <field name="shipment_logos" type="vmfiles" label="VMSHIPMENT_AWOCOUPON_LOGOS"
    description=""
    multiple="true" directory="/images/stories/virtuemart/shipment"
    default="" hide_default="1" hide_none="true"
    stripext="0" exclude="index.html"
    />

Kind regards,
    Hervé
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     a year ago

Hello,

Thanks for the shipping code, will be added in the next version.

For number 1, I am not quite sure what the issue is.  Is the issue the not free shipping method still shows when you have only gift cert products in the cart?