Awocoupon not synching to VirtueMart

• Default avatar
    manny2    
     6 years ago

I am using Awocoupon 2.5.9.2 with VirtueMart 3.2.1 on Joomla 3.8.2 and I have been creating gift certificates using awocoupon but they won't synch on the virtue mart side. When I go to the coupons tab in virtue mart none of my created coupons are listed.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

AwoCoupon coupons will not show in the Virtuemart coupon screen.  That is strictly for coupons created in Virtuemart.  To see the coupons created by AwoCoupon, go to components->AwoCoupon->Coupon List.
  • Default avatar
    manny2    
     6 years ago

Once a purchase is made do the coupons that get generated from the awo side not goto the virtuemart side?  How will a person use the gift card once they have purchased it?  Is it something that manually has to be done?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

They stay on the AwoCoupon list, but are not entered into Virtuemart coupon list. 

A customer can use the gift card as they would normally use a coupon code on the website, Awocoupon will pick it up.  Nothing manual needs to be done.
  • Default avatar
    manny2    
     6 years ago

Whenever we place the coupon code in the virtuemart it states that the coupon is not valid.  What should we change?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

To debug, go to awocoupon->configuration->error messages tab and click the 'debug' button, then save.  Then try the coupon again in the front end, what error do you get?
  • Default avatar
    manny2    
     6 years ago

Here is what it says (please see screenshot)

zoaXKTy.png

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

When you create the gift certificate template, did you add any products to it?  If you did, then the code will only be valid for the products you added.  If you want the code to work for all products, then remove the product restriction on the coupon edit screen.
  • Default avatar
    manny2    
     6 years ago

That did it!  Thank you so much.