Reminding about coupon

• Default avatar
    sklep    
     6 years ago

Hi Seyi

I got strange situation:

- I have AwoRewards 2.3.6

- Customer got coupon for next order, automatically generated because of order which he put

- Coupon was valid till 15 of December

- Customer used coupon in November and coupon was deactivated

- Customer got reminding email that the coupon is valid till 15 of December. (email was send at the begining of December)

I think my customers shouldn't have got such reminding because the coupon was already used.

Radek

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

How was the coupon deactivated?  Was it unpublished?  I am looking at the reminder code, and it will not send a reminder if any apply
    - coupon is not published
    - coupon has expired

• Default avatar
    sklep    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

I hope it was Aworeward the only one mistake just out of the blue.

1) Order (R20171017000047) put on 17 October 2017 generated coupon "7vCvdZkRVX9" valid till 2017-12-17 23:59:59 

2) Customer used this coupon in order  R20171107000120 (7.11.2017)

3) Coupon is unpublished

4) AwoRewards emailed customer reminder just 2 weeks before the expiring date:

Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2017 7:28 PM

To: zzzzzzzz

5) Customer wanted to use this deactivated (automatictly unpublished) coupon again so I found out about this situation.

I know it's strange but I wanted only to let you know.

Radek

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

AwoRewards does not have a coupon expiration reminder function.  This is in AwoCoupon, in configuration->reminders.  Can you verify this is what is setup and sent the 2 week email?
  • Default avatar
    sklep    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Hello Seyi

I have to prepare exact copy of my live site and I will give you all access details. Till now I got several complaints from my customers that they got email with reminder about coupon they had already used.

Maybe it is because I set trigger setup in wrong way. My customer used coupon but coupon was still active and she got reminder about that coupon.

Radek

configuration of reminderemailconfiguration/general

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

This information looks good.  I ran a test on your test website, I received the coupon code, used it on another order and it was set to unpublished.  I updated the reminder to send a notification in 59 days instead of 14.  So if the problem exists on this site, I should receive an email in the next 24 hours.
  • Default avatar
    sklep    
     6 years ago

Hello Seyi

I'm testing. I will let you know what I found out.

radek