• Default avatar
    sklep    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Hello Seyi

I have tough problem

Randomly coupons don't work:

1) customer put items to the basket. - OK

2) put the coupon code and the discount is calculated - OK

3) after checkout the discount disappeared.

When the same customer put next the same order (with the same steps, items and payment and shipping method) the discount is calculated well.

It happened many times. I can't find what could make a problem. There is no rule.

Mostly coupons work but about 10% don't

It happens when I get many orders like on Black Friday :-)

Radek

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Are you having this problem:
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120972

If so, in awocoupon->configuration, change the order status when a coupon is marked as used to a confirmed state, instead of 'order creation'
  • Default avatar
    sklep    

I have already had statuses properly set when coupons are marked as used but it doesn't work.

- about 20% orders don't have calculated discount

- I have one coupon which might be used by any user many times

- In the basket this coupon is calculated but disappears after checkout.

- some orders are correct but other 20% of orders not

1) I changed MySqli to MySql(PDO) - didn't help

2) Set different option in Rupostel OPC - didn't help

3) I don't get any error on the server's log file

4) I turned off JCH Optimize - didn't help much - maybe a little bit but I'm not sure

5) It's only happens when I have many orders

Many phone calls and emails with complaints about it makes me crazy :-)

I have the latest ver. of joomla, OPC, AwoCoupon, Virtuemart

PHP 7.0.22

MySql 5.6.36

Radek

Hello Seyi

I think the problem is at the browsers site. I made some customers to clean browser history "files" and problem seems to be solved. Many my customers don't clean browser history and in browser cache still exist old files which might cause the problem.

How to solve the problem without cleaning browser cache. Even I write such suggestion at my site they don't obey it and complaint.

Radek

Now I have removed caching from htacces. Entry was made by JCH Optimize. I will test it.

After keep tracking orders I can say the removing JCH sets from htaccess didn't help. For over 400 orders the coupon was used only 101 times.

Radek

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

ok, there is nothing random in code, something is causing the coupon not to work.  Are you able to produce the scenario where it does not work?  So are you saying it is adding to the shopping cart fine, it is just when taking payment method is when the problem happens?  Do you have multiple payment methods?  Is it happening for just one?
  • Default avatar
    sklep    

Hello Seyi

I have tried to find any common features which could cause the problem but I didn't find.

The problem is just after the checkout. Coupons are added fine to the basket and discount is calculated well but it disappears after purchase. In the BE of VM into the order details I can't see coupon code and there is no discount.

1) I have several payment methods but there is no rule. Sometimes the coupon is working well sometimes not in each payment method.

2) I have several shipment methods and the same - there is no rule.

3) One of my customers put 2 orders without calculated coupon. I gave her a call and she admitted, that she had discount in the basket but it disappeard after the purchase. I suggested her to clear browser cache and put test order. This time the test order was calculated with coupon properly.

4) Another customer put the same order just after the previous one (without calculated coupon) and in the second order (the same shipping and payment method) coupon was calculated well.

5) The coupon is the same for each customer (this time was 20% OFF for all)

6) I think it's only when many orders were put during the day.

7) I'm using OPC Rupostel

Radek

Just some minutes ago I had another customer's complaint. She got coupon 10% off for order which exceeded particular value. She wanted to use it in another order but discount disappeared after purchase.

Coupon

a) 10% off

b) for 1 customer only

c) only 1 time could be used (1 for customer, and 1 entirely)

d) Coupon was in the basket, disapeared after the purchase, and is still published (haven't used)

It's strange because she used coupon's discount (black friday) in previous order.

Radek

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Can you disable rupostel opc and use the default virtuemart checkout?
  • Default avatar
    sklep    

Seyi

I sent you private message.

Radek

I think that without OPC it works properly but I need OPC :-/
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Seems to be an issue with OPC.  Can you contact them directly, they are pretty quick to solve these problems.
  • Default avatar
    sklep    
     6 years ago

Hello Seyi

Problem was solved partly by StAn from OPC and partly by installing new version of VM 3.2.6

thank you

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Glad to hear it.